Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gherkin

Good ACS scripting example

Anyone know some maps that have good ACS scripting example in it? With 'good' I mean, well organized in whitespace, nicely commented, no bad coding (like all variables in map scope).

I like Imp Arena, nice script, but unfortunately not commented at all, and hey cyb, whitespace doesnt hurt! :P

Thankzy

Gherkin said:

Anyone know some maps that have good ACS scripting example in it? With 'good' I mean, well organized in whitespace, nicely commented, no bad coding (like all variables in map scope).

I like Imp Arena, nice script, but unfortunately not commented at all, and hey cyb, whitespace doesnt hurt! :P

Thankzy

Darkest Hour and other maps by ReX have good scripts. In fact I think they are the only ones that are well formatted.

what? if you think my scripts have bad formatting you must not have looked at any others. I've seen people who don't use any tabbing (or completly non-sensical tabbing), no spaces between variables and operators, no spaces after commas etc etc.

Granted the imparena script is probably confusing to most everyone except me, and it's commented even less than I usually do (though that's partly because when I started it the map was two sectors and I was just goofing off). I commented the scripts in Void (void.wad) fairly well, though how understandable they are to anyone else remains to be known. You'll need to view the lump named 'ALICE' since I ran out of space in WAuthor's script editor and had to use an external file.

Honestly I can't recommend you any scripts by others off the top of my head since I rarely view others' scripts any more, and the ones I do aren't overly well formatted. If I remember right, Marine Assault (njma01.wad) has pretty well commented scripts, but don't hold me to that.

if you think my scripts have bad formatting you must not have looked at any others.

I know that, I was more kidding than being serious :) Indeed I dont understand the script without comments and empty lines. But then again, I like to add a comment and an empty line for almost each line of code, heh.

Well its just for a screeny of DB's script editor, so i took Darkest hour and inserted little more whitespace myself. HERE screeny the is. (its at the bottom) Thanks!

i'd recommend nami's scripts for zoom, but she doesn't comment.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

My scripts are all nicely commented.

but they're also ugly as sin