Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Daedalus Help & Hints thread

deathz0r said:

Seeing all of these threads about people being stuck in Daedalus makes me want to download it and see how far I can get without being stuck.

And your download button is broken? :P

Maybe deathz0r needs a cryptic hint from that smiley face thingy before he can download it.

Ty Halderman said:

See any crates that look like they're blocking something? Pushie, pushie.

I pushed all the trash wads I could find (2). And found nothing but a way back to the main Trash Bay and a secret room that I could have accessed way back when.

cyber-menace said:

I never saw a console in it. Where is it?

In the secret room you find in Trash Bay (not the area where you return from the Kitchen, but the little room behind the garbage bale that has a box of shells), you will see two banks of computers on each side. Use 'em and you should find what you seek. Don't forget to have a powered translator though or you won't get the correct message.

I reached hub 4 of this great wad but now i´m totally stuck. I need to find this learning pod in order to learn...
I checked everything in the language lab and the classroom but couldn´t find anything.

Where is the learning pod, how does it look like?

I think this is a good question because I used a lot of time finding out what a learning pod was exactly. Basically they take two forms:

1: A small console with an initially darkened screen and a chair. It will light up with green text in both english and alien when activated from another computer.

2: A small purple "phonebox" like thing. The activated ones flashes slightly.

As great of a wad as it is, it's utterly frustrating. I gave up on it after I got to the second part. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Don't worry, just keep running around and try things you wouldn't normally think of :]

EarthQuake said:

As great of a wad as it is, it's utterly frustrating. I gave up on it after I got to the second part. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Damn microgens. I found the first one, but I can't find anything useful in the Brig. I replaced the first one too, the one I found was in te storage lots. Oh god it can get on my nerves. Where's that damn second microgen?!

Thanks Little Faith, but i used every console and every computer without any effect. It is really frustrating.
Or must i visit this secure storage area first? With this security code (that i didn´t get)?

Mr. Yes said:

I reached hub 4 of this great wad but now i´m totally stuck. I need to find this learning pod in order to learn...
I checked everything in the language lab and the classroom but couldn´t find anything.

Where is the learning pod, how does it look like?

You'll need to visit all four rooms found in the language lab and the classroom map. You cannot enter any of the classrooms until you find the student pass, and then complete your training. Once you have completed a certain level of training (and you will receive a message indicating this), you must grab the next higher pass before you can enter the later labs and classrooms.

Little Faith's post has accurately described the two variants of the learning pods. The first kind is found in the room requiring the student pass. For the later ones, you want to look for the traning pods that look like purple phone boxes (although you may want to check other consoles since they reveal some additional useful information/items in some cases).

Mr. Yes said:

Thanks Little Faith, but i used every console and every computer without any effect. It is really frustrating.
Or must i visit this secure storage area first? With this security code (that i didn´t get)?

Not yet. OK, go back to the training room previously loaded with imps and a couple of revs. There are two consoles found near the entrance door. Once those are activated, you should have no problem finding the learning pods in this room.

I find it easier cleaning out this entire map first since you do not have to visit any other maps to access the entire level and all the goodies it holds.

Having got one of the phone-booth-like pods active (the fly the shuttle one), how do I get the others active? I've locked up the console on the underground train and been to the Dimensional Shift but nothing works still.

cyber-menace said:

Damn microgens. I found the first one, but I can't find anything useful in the Brig. I replaced the first one too, the one I found was in te storage lots. Oh god it can get on my nerves. Where's that damn second microgen?!

Not sure which microgen you found in the storage area. One is hidden in the most-hated red crates, while the other one is hidden in the area where the brig travel tube is located. Since you made it to the brig, you should know where the second microgen goes once you find it.

PSchmitz said:

Not sure which microgen you found in the storage area. One is hidden in the most-hated red crates, while the other one is hidden in the area where the brig travel tube is located. Since you made it to the brig, you should know where the second microgen goes once you find it.

Damn crates. I suppose there must be a way to shatter one open...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Having got one of the phone-booth-like pods active (the fly the shuttle one), how do I get the others active? I've locked up the console on the underground train and been to the Dimensional Shift but nothing works still.

You can only activate one learning pod per room. Once you clean out the two rooms that require the student pass (and aquire greater skills through your training), you should have no problem accessing the remaining areas of the level.

cyber-menace said:

Damn crates. I suppose there must be a way to shatter one open...

A quick hint: you may want to do this from a safe distance. (Another reason why they are hated). ;)

One question out of curiosity: did you find the "secret weapon" in hub 3, or did you find it in the Dimensional Shift? Or not at all?

PSchmitz said:

You can only activate one learning pod per room.

Actually no. It's one learning pod per console. There's two in the beginner room.

Edit:
And yes, I have beaten it. However don't aske me about the microgens, I completely forgot those. I never did like them. :P

PSchmitz said:

A quick hint: you may want to do this from a safe distance. (Another reason why they are hated). ;)

I kinda noticed! ROCKETS!!! TeamTNT really knows how to get people swearing at their computer screens in gods knows what language...

Still haven't found the console in the kitchens. I'd imagine it's behind that red-lit door, but I have no idea how to open that. I never found a console in engineering or the sleeping quarters or wherever that smily bastard said, either.

Ultraviolet said:

Still haven't found the console in the kitchens. I'd imagine it's behind that red-lit door, but I have no idea how to open that. I never found a console in engineering or the sleeping quarters or wherever that smily bastard said, either.

Find the card. (security pass I think) There's a red sector with a blue switch near the red door.

Ultraviolet said:

Visit the basement in the Kitchen area. When you exit the travel tube from Engineering and pass through the poly-doors, take an immediate left. AutoMap also helps greatly when you need to find those hidden, unexplored niches.

In the 3rd hub, the secret bio-weapons lab.

btw I've cleared out everywhere I can in the learning map, and I don't have a teacher's pass.

Then you missed it's location in the training room containing the two dormant archies.

I must be stupid here, but anyways, I finally found the access key to the Engine Room, but when I get in there, I can't go any further because I must decontaminate the airlock. No one else seems to be stuck here, but I am, so I gotta ask if someone could help me out please ;)

I've merged several threads about problems with Daedalus into this one thread here. Please post your questions, problems or requested answers to puzzles here!