Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

better tex pallette remapping?

i've been toying with custom textures and flats a bit. i extracted the palette from a sprite exported from doom2.wad and can use it in photoshop (without dithering) to remap my custom textures to the palette ok. however i cant find a way of exporting textures/patches/flats from wintex as there's no simple "save" option like the sprite editor has. this means if i want to customise existing textures/flats i have to take a screenshot of it open in wintex/doombuilder and work from that. which leads to color remapping issues and it doesnt match the original when remapped back again. how do i get at the original patches/flats?

In Wintex:
Edit->Save entries to file

That'll work for flats, patches, and sprites. I don't think there's a way to extract full textures though.

By patches, I was referring to texture patches.
Deepsea will do what you want it to, and because you just need any texture to get the palette from, the shareware export limit shouldn't matter to you.

sbsoftware.com

aha~! yeah that wintex thing works, i didnt find the patch editor before. gawd wintex is a bit wierd. e.g. you have to go into a menu to get to the texture edit part but the sprite and patch edit parts you can get to just by those bottom buttons. wiiiiieerrrd... still very f*****g useful. cheers fellas!

EarthQuake said:

Download the shareware of deepsea.
It allows you to export flats and patches up to 64x64 in size.

There is no size limit in the F7-Export tool for the current version 11.83. IOW, any lump/any size can be exported. sbsoftware.com