Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gherkin

custom avatars fucked up

Tried to upload a new avatar in my user profile, doesnt work, gives me the following error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpCM85Hz) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/etc/httpd/doomworld.com) in /usr/local/etc/httpd/doomworld.com/vb/member.php on line 1074

Then tried uploading it myself and giving it a link to it, doesnt work, give me the following error:

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

And im sure it is.

Tried to first erase my old avatar and setting it to a standard one, then to upload/link one, still getting the same bullshit.

Who fucked this thing up? Anyone fix it please?

And there's no info on what these issues are? DEMOn seemed to be saying that telefragged closed access to the features...

So I thought maybe the Mighty Fiends running Telefragged got annoyed at the bandwidth used (especially around december 10th) by a site for such an old and pixelated game, and after sitting in congress at their Ornate Chamber of Command in their ancient castle atop the Twisted and Weathered Crags they found a way to punish us measly users when they noted we were so disrespectfully uploading files that would then be used or downloaded without going through the glorious 15 minute Queue of their most unique Download Server.

myk said:

And there's no info on what these issues are?

No reliable info AFAIK. It could be that a size limit has been reached for the overall space taken up by uploaded items, but it could be something totally different.

DEMOn seemed to be saying that telefragged closed access to the features...

I don't recall that. Which post?

long story short yes. Somewhere on phoenix(actually we did this on all 
server) someone was using a php exploit to upload files
and spawn a process. Nothing damaging but we had to disable this to 
stop this from happening.

solutions: nothing good

MM

On Dec 20, 2003, at 9:46 PM, Andrew Stine wrote:

> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20104
>
> ---
> Andrew Stine
> ars@andrewstine.org
>

Not you, the one that maintains the server machine ofcourse. I believe thats the guy you quoted and email from? Anyway, whoever it is, vulnerabilities are often fixed very quickly with services like PHP. So I think he should be good with an update.

While you're making your petition, also try to get our mail server moved to some ip that's not blacklisted.

So....who do we ask to change our avatars till the problem is resolved?

It's not Christmas anymore! Take off the hat Brakfish!

Brakfish: I can't!!

Oh well. I was going to change it to this:

...but I'll have to wait, I suppose.