Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sir Sapo

Level Deleting

How can I make my WAD so that when i beat the last level in my WAD it quits the game and shows the ENDOOM screen, instead of going to the next level in the original Doom?

if there are enough levels in your wad you could simply use the "exit to secret" to jump a lot of maps because the secret level(s) exit(s) towards the end, though suddenly i cant remember where

e.g.

1 -> secret (31) -> 25 26 27 28 29 30 -> end

you can't with vanilla doom. zdoom allows you to do something similar (ie after your map ends you can have it go to one of the avaliable end screens).

btw the secret map exit only works on maps 15 and 31 if I remember right.

There was a wad that actualy did that Lin. After you beat the final boss you went down an elevator, then the game crashes. I messaged the guy about it and he told me thats supposed to happen.

That must have been one crappy wad, just to be dumped out to your desktop with a big fat messagebox waiting for you, not even knowing what the hell was going on!
Surely there are better ways of doing it, perferably without getting an error?"

Besides, wouldn't some source ports not crash depending on how it was done?

Skunkboy Kyle said:

There was a wad that actualy did that Lin. After you beat the final boss you went down an elevator, then the game crashes. I messaged the guy about it and he told me thats supposed to happen.

There was also another one, where the last map had a graphic on the wall saying 'this switch will crash doom after your bodycount' and that exited to a 1-sector map which crashed it.

Sir Sapo said:

How can I make my WAD so that when i beat the last level in my WAD it quits the game and shows the ENDOOM screen, instead of going to the next level in the original Doom?

Gosh just make your last map map 30. If for example you have 9 levels set them up to be levels 21 thru 30 or what ever it works out to be for you. Simple.

Make a small second level, such as an all-black room without exit. This prevents the people from playing further without cheating.

I think I know a way to do it!
What about DeHacked? Can't DeHacked make you jump to level 30 or whatever after a certain level? Or any addon codding whatsoever?

Skunkboy Kyle said:
I think I know a way to do it!
What about DeHacked? Can't DeHacked make you jump to level 30 or whatever after a certain level? Or any addon codding whatsoever?

No.

Unless I missed something, Mock 2 didnt actually go to the endoom screen. It just leaves you with a "thank you" message :P

With zdoom though, you could jump to endoom from any map (mapinfo?).

EarthQuake said:

Besides, wouldn't some source ports not crash depending on how it was done?

As others have pointed out, ZDooM allows you to take the player to the end message screen from any map. Of course, you can also change the end message if you choose.

You guys sure about that secret exit stuff? Why does it work in The Ultimate Doom and not Doom 2, then?

Mordeth said:

Make a small second level, such as an all-black room without exit. This prevents the people from playing further without cheating.

and then don't release your next project for seven years (and counting)

Mock 2 was Zdoom only as I remember and with Zdoom, you can do just near damned anything with level travel and end game stuff.
For example, you could exit map01 (Doom 2) and go directly to Doom's bunny scrolling screen (Doom 1) if you wanted to...

One, Cyb, you're fucked in the head for making that Speedmap level I just downloaded. Two, if you do know how to do this with ZDoom (which I just witnessed, that was pretty cool.) why don't you tell this guy? ^_^