Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Fanatic

What the hell? Somebody is making a Mask sequel.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I'm not meaning to be mean but..

I don't want to see it. :)

I don't blame you, after seeing the preview when I saw "The Return of the KIng" I figured The Mask 2 would be a horrible movie, that baby in the preview made my brother nauseous.

Heh, a few days ago the mask happened to be on a tv in my house, and I saw it and wondered why they never bothered with a sequel, like they usually do with successful movies. I should stop wondering things :P

SlayeR said:

Heh, a few days ago the mask happened to be on a tv in my house, and I saw it and wondered why they never bothered with a sequel, like they usually do with successful movies. I should stop wondering things :P

It's because most sequals suck. Or maybe that's just with video games...

Yeah, I saw this when I saw RotK.

Looks like shit.

Maybe if it had Jim Carrey.

...and was made in 95.

im with the majority of you here, the movie looks like its gonna fucking SUCK!

i got depressed, cuz the beginning it showed a little tiny portion of the mask so u didnt know what it was, and they were talkin it up to be some epic thing, "forged by the gods, it is the most powerful thing on earth, etc. etc...." i thought it was gona be another great movie. . . and then it was just the fuckin mask. i was like, *sad*

i remember when i bought the first Mask there was a card that gave you a chance to see the first showing of the Mask 2. it never came out. now it is. whoever decided to release it should be brutally beaten.

I actually liked the first movie (and it's the only movie where Cameron Diaz has ever looked hot, damn it) and it looks like this is a pile of trash, unless by some crazy chance it's actually good.

Oh god! I was kind of hoping this thread was a joke. That first movie was so awful, a delayed sequel to it sounds like a horrible idea.

On the bright side, there will be a whole lot of people watching that stupid trailer before the movie. Who knows? Maybe enough people will come to the same conclusion and the message will somehow get back to the movie producers and they will realize that they are making an enormous mistake by making this movie, and stop production.

Naaaahh...

Ichor said:

On the bright side, there will be a whole lot of people watching that stupid trailer before the movie. Who knows? Maybe enough people will come to the same conclusion and the message will somehow get back to the movie producers and they will realize that they are making an enormous mistake by making this movie, and stop production.

Naaaahh...

With our luck a lot of dumb people will actually think the trailer is cool and then go and watch the movie. As a result the sequel will be a huge success and they'll start doing "The Mask III".

Oh well, we might be treated to a cool review of it on SA :-P

I really don't think they could've possible done a better job at making me wish the franchise died after the first movie...or hate the media-driven culture.

When I saw the preview while going to see LOTR, this old couple beside me along with many other people in the audience, thought the dancing CGI baby was hilarious. I swear I heard someone say "hahaha that's cute." What's wrong with the public?!?

Looks like crap, don't wanna see it. But Spiderman 2 looks like it'll be a decent movie.

ravage said:

When is Roger Rabbit getting a sequel?

Oh Hell no, that movie was to awesome for a sequel.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Yep - sounds a bit like: "What the hell? Somebody is making a Terminator 2 sequel."

Yeah, but we all SAW that one coming since the day T2 came out.

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, but we all SAW that one coming since the day T2 came out.

And at least T3 didn't have a CG toddler.