Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

Dark7 UV Speed Movie

An early Christmas present (like I could have done something other than a demo, meh).

http://stickmen.dreyermachine.com/vile/drk7-1255.zip

"One of Grazza's requests a while back, and I finally got around to trying it. It seems it wasn't bad for speedrunning at all, despite some times where I used max play to clear out areas I'd be returning to. This was especially the case for the longest yard, map04 (note the, erm, lengthy visit to Tinnos). Now, onto the things I enjoy discussing the most, the mistakes:

MAP03: I'm surprised this happened so many times in my attempts, but when I run for the supercharge I skid right over the side of the container and fall off. I'm not sure what was so hard about putting on the brakes there, but it did waste a few seconds. :)

MAP04: The aforementioned max play, perhaps just more suicidal gameplay would have dodged that but in some places it was impossible to avoid (the return to the broken and infested bridge after the 3rd switch).

MAP05: I know the demo crowd likes the hairy situations more than the completely smooth runs sometimes, and here's where it got messy... knocked down to sub-10% health late in the map and having a stretch of ground left to cover, but the hitscanners were nice to me there.

Also, on a different note... wow, easy boss encounters. This was my only critique with the level pack itself, otherwise it was simply fantastic! Very nice level set."

OMG you have no idea how long I've waited to see a movie for this level set, it derserves one :)
For your next effort, might I suggest Southern Cross: Gold Edition?

DooMBoy said:

For your next effort, might I suggest Southern Cross: Gold Edition?

Looked at the levels and they seem really unfriendly for speedrunning, cramped and packed with low level enemies. :)

So.....take your time, but in a fast way :)
Seriously, I'd love to see this mapset spedrun on UV (and I'm sure others who like SC would too). If you can pull it off, more power to you.

DooMBoy said:

So.....take your time, but in a fast way :)
Seriously, I'd love to see this mapset spedrun on UV (and I'm sure others who like SC would too). If you can pull it off, more power to you.

Well I'll let the other fans speak up if they want, but from the looks of it, the most practical possibility would be a half-max run, which isn't speed, isn't max, and isn't as interesting as either, so why bother? :)

I'm taking a break from doom recording anyway, since I prefer to spend my doom time betatesting for the few projects I'm looking at ATM.