Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Cube Squared

Longtime community member Aardappel has let us know that he's released a new version of his Cube Engine. Demo recording, playback, new multiplayer modes, a new soundtrack, new maps, and editing improvements are just a few of the new things in this version. If you've never tried Cube before, I suggest you do; it's an impressive display of programming, and will run even on very low-end machines with 3D cards.

fp!

Yay! Anyways, this is a great project. I like how simple the game is, but at the same time how complex you can make stuff in it. :D I have a lot of fun with this. Props to all who play with it. :)

Cube is a really nice engine. And extremely fast! Compared to the other packaged maps my map sucks visually though :P

This looks for a promising download. Those egyptian lvls simply own.

Ultrakudos to Aardappel if it runs well on my system. :P

That is, by far, the strangest, coolest editing interface Iv'e ever seen. Very cool engine.

Assmaster said:

Some of those enemies look familiar...

I think many (if not all) of them are free Quake2 models.

boris said:

Cube is a really nice engine. And extremely fast! Compared to the other packaged maps my map sucks visually though :P

Sure, visually they have progressed, and metl3 is amazing. But you'll be glad to know that instagib is probably the most popular multiplayer mode, and that tartech is one of the most popular instagib maps :)

Nice to hear that it's actually played!

And yes, metl3 is impressive, Goetzenzar is an awesome mapper!

Making maps for Cube can be rather difficult at first, but you get used to it after a while. I still haven't figured out how to bring up the console that apparently I need for some things.

boris said:

I think many (if not all) of them are free Quake2 models.

I know that the armor and anhk came from the (now nonexistant) Free Models Project back over at planetquake. It's a real shame it's gone now, some of those models were rather good.

ravage said:

I still haven't figured out how to bring up the console that apparently I need for some things.

Um, the tilde key? ~ It's not really a console like Quake that drops down, just a place where the cursor appears (at least in the previous version it was).

BTW ravage, that link gives a 404.

I'm starting on a DM only level now. :)

I did something a little different this time, I wrote the song first, and will create the level whilst listening to the tune. It's prety rad, loads of aggressive guitar and drums, and should loop nicely.

I'll post the link when the new level is done, might take around 3 days to wrap up.

Fanatic said:

BTW ravage, that link gives a 404.

That's odd, it should work fine.

Sign in to follow this