Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragnew

Community Chest Questions

Do any of you know whether or not jumping is needed to get past some of the maps in Cchest.wad? I was kind of looking around, and it seems like there are some maps that'll need the player to jump onto certain ledges in order to access them. Example is Map29 where you get the caged rocket launcher. Thanks, and I was just wondering.

Jumping should not have to be used to complete Community Chest. It was designed to be vanilla-doom specific, but must be played with a source port solely because of some of the Doom engine's limitations.

Thanks Kid Airbag. Yeah, your right. I found out that I was missing a certain switch that helped me reach those "Unreachable" ledges. Thanks for the reply though.

I have a question kinda relating to Community Chest. Will there be a Community Chest 2? If so, I might make a map or two for it.

Well I meant something like the original Community Chest, in that it was for a Boom compatible port, not a specific one.

DooMBoy said:

I have a question kinda relating to Community Chest. Will there be a Community Chest 2? If so, I might make a map or two for it.

I think It would be a good idea. Perhaps in the spring we could round up a few guys to do one. I would be happy to do 2 to 4 maps for it. we could set up a say Oct release date. That would give 6 months to finish it.

I also enjoyed the project. If a sequel is ever planned I would be interested!

So how would a CC wad work? do we all pick spots, or do we submit a map and it's handled from there?

Dunbar said:

So how would a CC wad work? do we all pick spots, or do we submit a map and it's handled from there?

Spots were picked and then the user maps for that spot.

You guys want to do another Community Chest?? If we did, would you like for me to be the project coordinator for this one as well? Only if the interest is really there...and maybe for what port?

* Boom
* ZDoom
* JDoom
* Others??

But it must be a serious attempt, no whimping out! I'm working on a map for Andy Leaver, which is around 99% done and I'm doing a map for "flashback" as well, so I'm not available to make a map for it. I just finished "Daedalus" with TeamTNT, so I have some time.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

We should do any Boom compatible port like last time. But lets give it a few months, like maybe in spring! I want to participate but I'm up to my ass in other work right now.

Cadman said:

If we did, would you like for me to be the project coordinator for this one as well? ...and maybe for what port?

You did a good job as project coordinator for the last CC, so I vote for you as coordinator for CC2. As for port, I suggest CC2 be non-port specific; rather, making it BooM-compatible seems a great idea.

ReX said:

You did a good job as project coordinator for the last CC, so I vote for you as coordinator for CC2. As for port, I suggest CC2 be non-port specific; rather, making it BooM-compatible seems a great idea.

Yes,he gets my vote too.

I vote for same specs as last time. Boom compatible, orig textures only. I would love to start on it in the spring, March, April, for Oct release.

Let's do the original formula: Boom with default textures. I kinda dont like the defaults tho.

There is already a community SP megawad going on for skulltag. I nearly finished my map30 map for it.

Well I do have NHFL Ep II to work on and another single relese map I am working on. But I can still make a map or two no problem..

My, my.. What has stirred from just one little question pertaining to the Community Chest.

I for one would certainly love to see a community chest 2

If it doesn't start until March, I could be free by then to make another map for it.

Cadman said:

You guys want to do another Community Chest?? If we did, would you like for me to be the project coordinator for this one as well?

Yes. You worked fine as the coordinator last time and I think you would do fine for cc2 too. :)

Cadman said:
Only if the interest is really there...and maybe for what port?

* Boom
* ZDoom
* JDoom
* Others??
[/b]

I would prefer if it were like last time. But maybe boom would be a option? Just to stick it more oldschool. :P
[quote]Cadman said:

But it must be a serious attempt, no whimping out! I'm working on a map for Andy Leaver, which is around 99% done and I'm doing a map for "flashback" as well, so I'm not available to make a map for it. I just finished "Daedalus" with TeamTNT, so I have some time.

How goes your map for flashback? I'd like to see some screenshots or something.

Kid Airbag said:

If it doesn't start until March, I could be free by then to make another map for it.

Yeah, march-april would be a good time frame. I will make a/some better map(s) this time. :/
CC map24 is too rushed, etc...
Can we pick slots now? :P
I'd like to have map15 and/or map32. Heh