Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

Ok, what is Adobe's freaking problem?!

I have Photoshop 4.0 and Photodeluxe Home Edition 3.1

Whenever I run either one I get the following error when I first open a icture:

Microsoft Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and
set it as the default mail client.

I have Norton Antivirus 2003 with updated definitions and it finds my entire system to be clean. I see Photodeluxe do the same thing on another computer. Before formmatting and setting up my system back up today Photodeluxe used to give me a memory error when I click the pull-down menu but not that BS error about mail. Photoshop has given me that error before though and FYI I've had Photoshop for six years.

So apparently Adobe likes to link their software to Outlook (which I refuse to even set up) for e-mailing pictures or something and it just pisses me off. Anyone else come to a different conclusion or am I most likely correct?

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

EDIT: Clicked the send button too early. I had a similar problem once with Opera, and that fixed it.

Set something else as the e-mail client; I don't have Outlook as the default client myself as I don't have it, or any other, installed, but IE 6 let's me set "Hotmail" as the default. Go to Internet Options and try that.

It can give me that error all it wants. It's not getting access to any e-mail.

Even though I have pop3 e-mail set up in netscape, I specifically chose not to set it as the default mail client for windows.

Manga Girl Marchelle said:

adobe is a freakin problem. all their programs are crap. I only have Acrobat reader cause I download boox. and nothing else.

You are retarded on so many levels. But not even "boox" rubs me the wrong way so much as you saying Adobe makes shit products. You probably have no real basis as to why Adobe sucks, you've probably never even seen one of their programs period.

Manga Girl Marchelle said:

adobe is a freakin problem. all their programs are crap. I only have Acrobat reader cause I download boox. and nothing else.

Yes, all their programs are crap, which is why Photoshop is one of the most widely-used applications on the market. And it's not like it's forced on people like Windows is, Photoshop is a great image editing tool.