Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

PCgamer top 50 games

i am glad to see that doom ws high on the list, however not as high as it should be. also i did not see some other games in there correct places as well.Half-life took first place, to me that is correct. half-life has earned this place, look at the community around it. The graphics and gameplay where fresh, i call it the doom of 1998. however our beloved doom got 15th and lost to some newer yet not great games. games ahead of doom were shit like the sims, not sims series but the new game The Sims. honestly doom should have goten 2nd of tied with half-life. Duke3d also out ranked doom, sadly. duke is fun and good but it is nothing to doom and should have trailed one behind doom.
Also other games that should have had higher rates, or been in the list, wolf3d should have ranked high, infact it was not on the list. Homeworld is an RTS but it is very good and should have ranked much higher because of its fresh take on RTS.

CHRIST IN A PROM DRESS THERE'S ANOTHER FUCKING TOP FIFTY SHOOTERS OF ALL TIME EVERY FUCKING MONTH. ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YOU.

Half-Life first place? Jesus Christ, take me home.

Duke outranking Doom? Forget it dude, just run me over.

Great games with wonderful playing experiences like SoF, Undying and System Shock 2 always get a fork up the ass while games that are only propped up by the mod community takes first place. Its fucking sickening.

How big is the full on Half-Life patch now, 180 megs? Why is it that it actually makes the game run WORSE and just adds a bunch of shit to fix up the horrible multiplay, which by the way, still eats my ass.

Half-Life first place? Jesus Christ, take me home.

Great games with wonderful playing experiences like SoF, Undying and System Shock 2 always get a fork up the ass while games that are only propped up by the mod community takes first place. Its fucking sickening.

How big is the full on Half-Life patch now, 180 megs? Why is it that it actually makes the game run WORSE and just adds a bunch of shit to fix up the horrible multiplay, which by the way, still eats my ass.

Amen. Undying is a awesome game.

Me too. System Shock rules.
Though I still long for those good old Commodore64-days to come back. Those were the days I tell you...

Me too. System Shock rules.

I have never even seen screenshots of System Shock. I have only heard of it and haven't the faintest idea what it's about etc.

Though I still long for those good old Commodore64-days to come back. Those were the days I tell you...

YES. Does anyone remember Mayhem in Monsterland? That game ruled! It was the only C64 game ever to get 100%.

No.

Gameplay was good. Everything else sucked. It was a good game, sure. But not nr. 1. More like 15 or there about.

Hell, I didn't even like Half-Life's gameplay. It's replay value is shit, and Blood II has got way better special effects and such, and runs just as slow...but has steeper requirements than half-life...geez, how wierd...half-lkife running as slow as game with steeper requirement WITH a 3d card...Half-life's a waste. Doom is also virtually bug free. It is THE only game I've played that never crashed for unknown reasons. The only time it ever crashed for me was when I ran outta ram (when I had the old 486 sx/25 with 4 megs of ram). I have so many games in my collection, and lots are bugged. Yes, Daggerfall is one of my fave games and certainly deserves to be oin a top 50 list, but doesn't deserve to be any higher than 10th because of all of the random bugs. And, it's one of my favourites. Doom should be #1 because it's fucking perfect. Period.

Half Life should have come 2nd. Deus Ex rules the world. System Shock 2 should takes 3rd, and, i know i'm going to cop a lot of crap for this but i'd then put quake, then doom. sorry, i like muilti player, and quakes is better. all three of them.

/me doges garbage and fire bombs.

more ranting about System Shock. gotta find non priated copy...

BTW what really piss me off was this other mag had a top 50 of newer games and top 25 of older games. SOME HOW Mairo 64 got 1st and qake got 2nd!?

even worse, for the oldies, Super mario got 1st an doom2 got 2nd WTF?!!!

Comparing doom and Half-life is like comparing the first A-Bomb with the first H-Bomb, the H-Bomb is better, but the first A-Bomb was more revolutionary.

...and without the A-Bomb, we'd have no H-Bomb