Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marky

My first Megawad - please test

Hi, all!
I'm working on a megawad that is planned to contain 15 maps. Maps 01 to 06 are ready now, and I would like to hear your opinion about it.
You can download it here:

http://milianmusik.de/doom/TheCult.zip

I'm thankful for any comment, positive or negative.

Regards,

marky

I would change the title of this thread to "My fist megawad - Demo ready for testing" in order to avoid confusion.

I'm downloading right now and I might have time to test it later this evening (when my homework's done).

Marble courtyards, and quiet gardens and stuff. Looks good. I really like the sky texture, it was the first thing I noticed.

MAP01

• there are three imps (things 23,24,25) stuck together at the edge of the main courtyard Sorry about that.. Note to self, always read the textfile
  • some of the rooms are pretty bare, I suggest adding a few bits of detail (though I like the ones that do have detail, even if some of it gets in the way a little..)
  • you might thicken the outer garden walls (the ones that meet the sky directly) - infinitely thin walls always look really odd
  • linedef 691 would probably look better with BRICK6 rather than SP_DUDE8 on it
  • mark the opening to the chainsaw secret in some way, no-one likes to wolfenstein for secrets, heh
  • also you might like to make the switches that reveal the keys a little more prominent, I needed an editor to find the yellow one and only found the red one by luck
For the most part it plays pretty well, though arguably it's a bit too easy. I realise it's the first map of fifteen but nevertheless you might think about adding a few extra monsters. For example you could teleport some in when the player picks up the keys.

>there are three imps (things 23,24,25) stuck together at the edge of the main courtyard

yeah, they're praying. it's not a bug :-)

but you mentioned some good ideas. thank you very much. i will work on it :-)

The first maps are squaretastic, but it gets better in the later maps. You should really align all those textures though.

Use Doom Builder (check my sig) for both automatic and manual texture alignment.