Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ob3kenob

Did my zip files arrive?

I just uploaded two zip files (or think I did), one a text file, the other a copy of the text file and wad file combined in the same zip. My FTP uploading software says in its command line scroll that the files have been transferred, but they don't show up in the pub/incoming folder box. So I don't know if they really made it. The names are DoomX1-3.txt and DoomX1-3.zip. How can I check this out?

AFAIK, you can't see stuff in that folder, you have to wait until it goes into newstuff or gets rejected. They're probably there, so no worries.

I presume you mean that you attempted to upload to the Doom Community Archive. Note that this is not part of Doomworld.

Look here - particularly incoming, newstuff and rejects. I don't see your files listed in any of them, so something has probably gone wrong. Note that the only place to upload files is ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/incoming. If you tried to upload them to ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/incoming, then it will have failed.

If you have questions about this, then Ty Halderman is the man to ask (e-mail given on http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames).

Thanks. I'll upload new versions of my text files as soon as I fill them out. Will use your template in the future. Throw away all my other text files!

ob3kenob said:

Thanks. I'll upload new versions of my text files as soon as I fill them out. Will use your template in the future. Throw away all my other text files!

Don't just upload the text files--the ones in the archive should be identical to the ones inside the zip file. Just repackage and reupload the zips.

What the? Oh, hell... it's been over ten months since I uploaded anything, and I got the folders confused. I've told one or two people to upload to the other folder... *smacks head*

Ty, by the time I read your message, I'd already uploaded a zipped file containing my two text files alone. Please ignore it: they are identical to the files included with my new text/wad file zips, uploaded a short while ago. I hope I've got things all straightened out now. Of course, I'll be glad to make any additional changes ASAP, if necessary.

Oh, and a smack to Netnomad312's head, not that he's responsible for anything I've done in even the remotest way (I never heard of him 'till now), but just because it seems like a good idea. ;-[

What the hell...