Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

NFS Underground fans...

honestly afte NFS II i got tired of the series. plus i hate the rice burner pop culture fad too, borther is into it.

nothing wrong with racing, but why the hell would you be so stupid to do street racing. my family has history there, many deaths. plus compared to my uncles and cousins who do it legaly they make far more money. /end rant about brother and friends

game does look nice but most racing games are all the same. only issue with it, besides the facts that it has all been done before, is the reflective streets. WTF, is it raining? if so then it makes sence. if not then why are the streets reflective? last i checked dry roads dont reflect very well. makes the game hard too se on game cube

It most likely has something tied with themes in the movies, such as Fast and Furious

I've got nfsu, fun game, and those models are awesome.

And yeah, the game is totally playing off of the Fast and the Furious-type crowd.

I got this game from Christmas because my former Stepdad works at Electronic Arts, Its an alright game, good graphics and all its neato how you can customize your cars, I myself don't care much for those models though. But the game is just kinda boring for me, I personally liked Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Porche Unleased. I enjoyed Hot Pursuit because of the chases, the police were fun and it was nice and fast and the jumps and some of the bugs were hilarious. Porche, was fun because of the damage, and some of the impacts and such. I liked how your car got damaged. :D

NFSU probably is my favorite in the series because of the ability to customize your car to that extent. Don't know if I like it more than some GT games, but I probably shouldn't even put GT and NFS in the same sentance so it doesn't matter.

Yeah those models are cool but I don't know what he honestly expected EA to do with them.

If you've played The Need For Speed the other games in the series are a sacrilege, especially NFS2 and NFSHP2 (the silliest serious racing game ever). Only Porsche 2000 came slightly near the original in terms of gameplay (emphasis on traffic evasion, point to point tracks). Underground looks OK, though.

Tuning in GT/2 is meant to affect car performance, and the only appearance modification you can perform - Professional Racing modification, available for most cars - enables the downforce setting to be altered, so it's not as futile as it would seem.

Anyway, I think that if there's any particular feature GT and TNFS share, it's their classiness. They're both a car lover's game.

NFS Underground is a great game, the cars look really nice and are fun to customize, the racing frustrates me every now and again. Say I'm winning a race by 6 seconds then all of a sudden I'm running last because I missed a jump. Fun game though. I'm so glad a game like this came out though. I mean shit, you know the last game to do this was made in 1991? Even now Street Rods car customization is still superior, but it's visual upgrades have nothing on NFS: Underground.

On a brief side note, I don't really play much racing games that much aside from Street Rod/NFS series. I've only really watched other people play Gran Tourismo, so I don't know what extent GT does car tuning/upgrades. I just found it cool in Street rod, that you started off with an empty garage and 750 in cash, had to read the paper to find a car, and buy parts from the same paper for upgrades after racing a few drags, or parting a sucker from his car when you raced for pink slips after a road race and strip said car to parts and sell all parts for cash, You could tune the cheapest car in the game to one of the fastest, although there were still better cars available. Set in the 60's meant it was all about muscle cars, it was and still is in my eyes a fantastic game. I will say though, Street rod's graphics though are terrible and the PC speaker sounds are truly grating, It's kinda expected given the age of the game I guess, which is why I'm glad Underground was made.

(If anyone reads this and knows about the guys trying to make Sr3 at streetrod3.com, don't tell me as I do know, but they really don't have much to show for it yet. I'm sure it will get better, but at the moment it's rubbish)