Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apothem

Weapon Mod

Im currently working on a weapon mod that WILL be balanced and fun. this weapn mod is meant to enhance and make things more challenging for the more experienced doomers out there. im working like a madman to get this thing done before the end of janurary and by the way things are looking it seems to be true
To download the latest released version go to
thebenmarshallexperience.com/weapon_wad.wad
Please put your input here or email it to me at:
Krazygamr@aol.com

Heh, i would if i could atm. Unfortunately for me right now im in aruba with no available internet connection where i can dl files atm. so all i do is check my posts on a public comp for .25 cents a minute. oh well. pm me that link so i can get a look at as soon as i get home. ill review it as soon as i can=D However, from whati can tell it looks promising =) keep up teh good work from what i can tell =D

Okay, I sent a PM with a link.
Also I've been testing your weapon mod, and here's what I think:
It's still a bit too powerful. Rocket launcher and chaingun especially, and you could make the flamethrower shots falling down with gravity (no big deal if you're using Dehacked)...

But it's still in progress, ain't it?

Yup. And yes, i agree the rocket launcher and chain gun are still a tad bit too strong, i was thinking of lowering the rate of fire on the chaingun and rocketlauncher. i dunno how to make the project have a falling thingy to it in dehacked, perhaps you could tell me how? is it just dealing with its mass or what?

Okay, Documentation is complete! The shotgun and supershot have had their sounds replaced by the dwango7 wad. Major Revamp of almot all the monsters. Things ought to be veerrrryyy interesting now. Ive also managed to find an Internet Cafe in Aruba which is where im at right now, and it allows you to use the floppy drives so i should be able to update the file soon- at least within 2 days! To download it, just use the link above.

Just switch the gravity on for those plasma bullets... According to their speed, they should travel couple of meters forward before the fall.

heh or so i thought, when i remov the nograv flag it just flops to the ground, and unfortuantely im unable to make the rockets shootable witout some probelms so for the timiebeing that is not gonna go in. Once i get this set up right you should be able to shoot the rockets in midair without a problem. however, i have slowed down the rate of fire on the chaingun and im gonna do that on the rocketlauncher too. i hope that fixes the weapon balance problem=D

The flamethrower isnt all that powerful right now, i mean, it takes a whole 2 DIRECT shots to kill someone, and thats with strength and doomsphere active.

benj said:

The flamethrower isnt all that powerful right now, i mean, it takes a whole 2 DIRECT shots to kill someone, and thats with strength and doomsphere active.

Im sensing some sarcasam here.....

No, no sarcasm, im serious. If it takes two shots to kill someone with full health, (keeping in mind that full health here is 500) , thats about as powerful as the rocket without the modification, as it only takes one shot to kill someone.

Yes, but thats with doomsphere and strength. lol thats about right haha. btw i fixed the missle dmg back to teh norm and now ive got it slowed down a bit.

well the project is almost done, and it is looking better and better with each new feature. It will be coming out soon, within the next month or two, along with a map pack and a shitload of other goodies. thanks a bunch for your input.
Oh yeah, you can check out the post in the skulltag forums about this mod as well, the link is...
http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52

Apothem's site said:
And remember, no one likes you, epecially god.

That's great.

And so is this mod. It's the best weapons WAD I've seen outside of Immoral Conduct. Excellent job, man. Very good.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Let me tell you about Apothem
I played his beta of this a year ago.
This wad used to be horrible.
Thank him now damnit.

lmao... my my my, i've come a long way havent i?