Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boris

WIP opens its gates

I disagree, 320x200 sized images are way too tiny, and it annoys me to no end when a website only has sceenies of that size avaliable (baring bandwidth limits of course). Even tho that's the original Doom resoltion, if you can run doom2.exe you can also run MBF which has 640x400.

Besides what of all us poor saps that play Doom in 1024x768 and now have to resize our screenies? it's the same idea, same amount of work

It's far easier to change your res before taking the shots. Not like it matters, since it all takes like 8 seconds regardless of how you do it.

Taking the shots in-game at 640x480 or 640x400 will give a way better result than scaling them up/down!

Okay. I give up idea of allowing lower resolutions screenies. You are obviously right.

BTW, boris. Could you delete my "E1M3: Flow Control"? Ya know, it holds only one screen, and since I can't modiy it, maybe I could add a new WIP, when you remove the old one. Think about it, and sorry for the trouble.

I'll have REALLY nice screenies instead of this... crap :D

Yea, deleting and modifying your own entries would be nice. Also what would be usefull is a Search by title or username. List of users would be cool too and when I click a user I would like to see all his maps (chronological order).

Just some suggestions.

you used my nick for example =) so nice!

boris, I have added a new WIP to the site, so you can obviously remove the old "Flow control" there. And please do so.

Yay for digging out old threads! >:D

Anyway, I've finally come around to make some improvements to WIP:

• it's now possible to update screenshots of an WAD
  • drop-down menus to select what WADs to display
  • clicking on a user's name now shows all of his WADs on WIP
  • there's an "your profile" menu where you can set a few useful options
That's all I think. Updating WADs now require an admin to approve the changes (so that no bad images get posted), but your old info/screenshots will be available as long as the update is approved, then they will be replaced.

It should work all nice, but if you find any problems please contact me via IRC, email or PM in this forum. Thanks.

Already updated my DRD entry.

Nice to see the changes have finally been made :)

EDIT: But, uh, is it working? I cannot see any wads after pressing "show results"...

Yeah I found some small problems, so updating might be a bit bumpy right now.

That was a pretty large bump :P

but anyway, the new updates are sweet. I might update/change some of the screenshots for one of my wads that's on there.

AYAYAYAYYAYAY anyway WIP is really cool to those who haven't been there.

gogogogo

Did the Screenshot updater work yet? The last time I tried it, the page simply forwarded my wad to the top of the Recent WADs list, with the old screenshot.

For me, I prefer the old way to show the options on the left instead of the new way with boxes

999cop said:

For me, I prefer the old way to show the options on the left instead of the new way with boxes

I'll add that as an option...

From Sunday, March 14th, WIP will be offline. It will probably be back on Monday, March 22nd. Maybe a day later.

boris said:

From Sunday, March 14th, WIP will be offline. It will probably be back on Monday, March 22nd. Maybe a day later.

:(((((((((((((((((((

We'll miss you bois.

But at least your room will be cooler (I assume).

Mancubus II said:

But at least your room will be cooler (I assume).

Well it can't really get any worse :P

Ok, I'm finally back online. My IP changed, so it will take a day or two until the DNS updated and WIP will be available again.

/me spanks Epyo

I was wondering why I couldn't get on it these last few days. Good to see it back up :)