Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Possible release date?

I don't recall seeing this here before, so...sorry if it's been said.

I was just checking [H]ardOCP when I noticed a link to Best Buy. They seem to have a release date set of 04-01-2004. When I went to www.doom3.com, they have the shipping date of EB Games as the 14th of that month. Think this may be the real release date?

From what i heard in the recent pcgamer magazine, doom3 may come out in april 2004. Didn't sound like reliable information though.

Doom3 will come out some day, there's no doubt about that. But still, i can't shake off the feeling that i'll die of old age before it happens.

i believe the release date is set for the end of febuary 2004.
a memo at work says something about it. however i have no idea how old it is.

i work at a local EB in a mall

The most common speculation is from 02-04 through 04-04. Although "When its done 2003" is also a very popular opinion. Hey there's still a day left!

Scabbed Angel said:

The most common speculation is from 02-04 through 04-04. Although "When its done 2003" is also a very popular opinion. Hey there's still a day left!

Heh.

I don't think it really matters when it's out. I know we're all pissing our pants in anticipation but a release date usually isn't a good thing, because if it's not met then we all get pissed off and if it is met then usually at least a part of the game is going to suck, since they had to rush it.

Stinkfinger said:

Heh.

I don't think it really matters when it's out. I know we're all pissing our pants in anticipation but a release date usually isn't a good thing, because if it's not met then we all get pissed off and if it is met then usually at least a part of the game is going to suck, since they had to rush it.

Clever words there.

Fredrik said:

Obviousness in the eye.

It's obviously not obvious to anybody - may be to you and me and a bunch of other folks, but it wasn't obvious to the guy who posted this thread.
;-)

I thought stinkfinger used clever words because he explained the obvious in an inoffensive and easy to understand way. Had I explained the obvious in this case, I'd likely have ended up offending people (as I'm always a little too good at).

Ahh, if only they used the british system and that date actually translated to 4th Janurary 2004, oh well heh

As for real release date, i sayyyy...15th march 2004, just because

Check the movie preview sites. I have been (it's a habit of mine) and already they're running previews for such films as Spiderman 2 (release date July), Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow (Summer), The Polar Express (next Christmas), H.P. & the Prisoner of Azkaban (June), Get Riddick (June), and Shrek 2 (May), not to mention a host of others that aren't SF at all. If the Doom movie were going to come out this spring or summer, you can bet they'll have a trailer up by now, so don't get your hopes up.