Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkhaven3

N64 Cart Space?

Anyone know exactly how much a 32, 64, 128, and 256 Megabit cart can hold?
Yeah, Mega BITs.

Also, does anyone know a good Developers Kit for N64? *thinks Wolfenstein 64*

Thanks tons.
At least now it won't be hell to complete Wolfenstein 64...

By the way, what I mean by Wolfenstein 64 is to make a Doom 64 TC style jDoom based TC, and simulate everything about the Nintendo 64, e.g. Cart Space, level of detail, that kinda stuff. Even the repeated music and hi-quality Playstation Doom sounds. Right now it's just a side project on hiatus until further notice.

CyberDemonX said:

I hate N64

PS2 ROCKS!!! X-BOX ROCKS BETTER!!

N64s are gay and useless to me.

PS3 WILL ROCK THE BEST!!!

Hooray for fanboys.

I believe that two 64-megabyte (512 megabit) games exist for the N64. Conker's Bad Fur Day and Resident Evil 2 are both that large. There may be others, but I'm not sure.

Yes, I just edited my post after searching the Internet really quickly to include Resident Evil 2.

Edit: Apparently the never-released Earthbound 64 (also known as Mother 3) was to be a 64-megabyte game.

Edit 2: Just found something else. Eternal Darkness, released on GameCube, was originally going to be released on the N64, as a 512-megabit game.

Another thing about N64 games - The textures are always really rather small (Usually like 64x64) to conserve space and memory. An example is the security monitor in Duke 64 - It's so blurry because it's really only 5 or 10 pixels across, then stretched by the level designer.

CyberDemonX said:

I hate N64

newb.

well try a dream cast, easy to edit for. and no need for a mod chip.

the reason for low res texture is that a normal TV maxes out at about 600x400, if that. so huge textures are not needed. i am still not sure how they pack it all in, not a programmer.

for a real channge try makeing an atari game

CyberDemonX said:

I hate N64

YAYYAYAYYAY PS2 IM A BIG FUCKING IDIOT WHO BUYS ONE BECAUSE ALL THE KIDZ IN SKEWL SAY MADDEN 2k44 AND THE GRAND AUTO THEFT ARE FREAKING AWEOMS EAND XBOXR ULEZ BECAUZ DONT FORGET HAVING BIG COMPUTAR FOR CRAP AND SPACE MAKES BIG FAT SHITY CONTROLARS KEWL DONT FORGIT THAT AL XBOX GAMES R ON PC THE LOL NINTENDO U SUK!!!11

CyberDemonX said:

I hate N64

You wouldn't like me. I bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of playing DDR...and that's it.

What a great example of the way one stupid post can screw up a thread (given a little bit of help from the regulars, of course...).

CyberdemonX: You're one or two trolling or moronic posts away from a ban. This isn't the first thread where you've monged it up, and a number of the moderators are watching you very closely. If you have something to say, say it calmly and clearly without going out of your way to irritate other people.

Everyone else: Please try not to provoke him.

Speaking of Nintendo 64 carts or just carts in usual, I just wonder how they get so much stuff on to those little things, along with that I wonder what is actually in the carts. Of course I don't understand the Cd jazz either but to be able to make games in carts a long time ago amazes me how they thought of it. :D Do they do all the game jazz and all on a computer first? r some super-mega-Super-Dee-Duper-Jazzified machine Dee-Lee that does all of it? :D

IIRC the N64 dev kits were SGI Indys with special boards that contained the actual N64 hardware and another board for controller ports.

DaJuice said:

IIRC the N64 dev kits were SGI Indys with special boards that contained the actual N64 hardware and another board for controller ports.

whats an sgi indy

DJ_Haruko said:

You wouldn't like me. I bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of playing DDR...and that's it.

DDR is one of three games I own on PS2, the other two being GTA3 and VC. I also have MGS2, but I don't count crappy games.

DDR is very fun, although the real thing is infinitely better than PS2's.

gatewatcher said:

I also have MGS2, but I don't count crappy games.

Owned. What the fuck was up with that ending?