Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord Raffles

The Doomworld Celebrities

Well here's who I think the DW celebrities are:

Lut, deathz0r, BBG, darknation, Nanami, UltraViolet, DOOM Anomaly, DSM

Well, the ones that come to my mind right away are Linguica, BBG, Scuba Steve, Ultraviolet, and AndrewB. I'm probably forgetting lots though.

I am, without a doubt, the most celebrityrific person on these forums. Bow to my celebertyfullness!

insertwackynamehere said:

Pretty much anyone who has 1000+ posts and who has been here since the beginning (including old messageboards).

Yay me ! Or wait, no. I think that should read "anyone who has 1000+ posts, has been here since the beginning and actively participates in the old-school Doom community. Impse.

Ralphis and zarkyb have been around longer and more places than me. I don't see how I'm making anyone's list.

Don't forget Mordeth and Covaro, co-founders AFAIK with Linguica, Arioch, who may also date back that far but I'm not sure, and Bloodshedder, one of the big guys from Doom Center who came over here when it went down to share his time with us, delivering news and forum moderation.

EDIT: And how about Fraggle, who worked alongside people like Lee Killough? Auxios (Katarhyne!), who is famous here for you know what? :P (Also a former supermod, pretty strict but never abused power IMO.) Opulent, great demo recorder and one of the big guys at COMPET-N? Julian (or whatever the hell he's going by at the moment), who worked on RORDoom and DeimosLabs.com (which I loved and miss dearly)?

I've been here for a while and have thousands of posts to my credit. Bow down.

DooMBoy said:

I've been here for a while and have thousands of posts to my credit. Bow down.

But you don't do shit. :P

I play and map for Doom quite a bit, and I post here a lot, plus I'm on AIM often and #zdoom as well.

DooMBoy said:

I play and map for Doom quite a bit, and I post here a lot, plus I'm on AIM often and #zdoom as well.

But read how I've written about who I think should be considered "DW Celebrities" or what the hell ever, and go based on that. Mapping and playing and hanging around just makes you another Doomer. Heh.

Personally, I'd say that the one's who are considered Celebrities would be pretty hard to pin-point them all. Some are certain though. :D

Oh, and DooMBoy, don't worry, I think you're cool. :D

Lord Raffles said:

list who you think are the BBS 'Celebrities'.

All mods of course :P

DoomBoy said:

I've been in #zdoom for 3 months and only had to reconnect once and just becuase their server had to reboot >:|
Oh yeah, before that I've been in #zdoom for 75 days, but a few reconnects. So let's talk about being in #zdoom often ;)

insertwackynamehere said:

And Mewse. FP in every forum, about.

god ling almost killed me for that

sausage god

Ultraviolet said:

But you don't do shit. :P

neither do you.

He invested plenty in the community for about 5-6 years. Now he's just sitting back and raking in the dough.

ravage said:

neither do you.

Never said I did, although I was quite active in the old ZDoom forums doing beta testing and such. Not that you'd know, because you're a relative "n00b" (and I knew such a thread would bring up comments such as these).