Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Daedalus Help & Hints thread

Kid Airbag said:
Check the closets in the officers' quarters carefully. One of them has a switch that lowers a bed to where there's a hell knight (or was it a baron?) that gives you the key when you kill him.

I'm stuck at this point, too. After a lot of searching I did stumble on those hidden closets and got the 'security pass' from the Knight, but the door in the damaging sections of the Engine Room (outer ring) still won't budge. There's another Tube in there but it won't activate. I've travelled about everywhere and there's not a live monster in sight except those trapped in the engine core.

BTW, I thought it was a generally accepted idea that YOU DO NOT PLACE ESSENTIAL KEYS / SWITCHES / ETC INSIDE SECRET AREA'S, EVER. The only reason I actually found those closets was that I was humping ALL screens/consoles in ALL FUCKING LEVELS and misaligned myself so I humped that fake wall instead. What moron decided it would be fun to re-introduce inane wall humping IN A HUB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD instead of presenting a puzzle to the player? You know, a puzzle which makes you go "gee I'm clever for solving this" after applying common sense / logic to said puzzle, instead of "gee too bad I didn't start humping THAT grey wall one hour earlier" ?

To end with a somewhat more constructive remark: take a look at how eg. Destruction handles its objective-based gameplay. Objects you needed to gather or activate were enveloped in a reddish glow, which dissipated after they were no longer needed. It would have been far better if Daedalus had handled things in a similar way. Now I have no idea which console actually does something, so I end up humping all of them with no idea which ones I already humped.

Actually that specific quest does have some clues to it.

Those weird screens which shows a room when you click on them can be viewed as a foreshadowing of the future, study them intensely and you may find out what to do.

sotarn said:

I must be stupid here, but anyways, I finally found the access key to the Engine Room, but when I get in there, I can't go any further because I must decontaminate the airlock. No one else seems to be stuck here, but I am, so I gotta ask if someone could help me out please ;)

Check the consoles in the room you just entered. What's that bubbling noise?

Mordeth said:
I'm stuck at this point, too. After a lot of searching I did stumble on those hidden closets and got the 'security pass' from the Knight, but the door in the damaging sections of the Engine Room (outer ring) still won't budge. There's another Tube in there but it won't activate. I've travelled about everywhere and there's not a live monster in sight except those trapped in the engine core.[B]

See the thread below. You must decontaminate the air lock first. The console can be found in the immediate area. Listen for the bubbling sound.

BTW, I thought it was a generally accepted idea that YOU DO NOT PLACE ESSENTIAL KEYS / SWITCHES / ETC INSIDE SECRET AREA'S, EVER. The only reason I actually found those closets was that I was humping ALL screens/consoles in ALL FUCKING LEVELS and misaligned myself so I humped that fake wall instead. What moron decided it would be fun to re-introduce inane wall humping IN A HUB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD instead of presenting a puzzle to the player? You know, a puzzle which makes you go "gee I'm clever for solving this" after applying common sense / logic to said puzzle, instead of "gee too bad I didn't start humping THAT grey wall one hour earlier" ?

Then you missed the consoles located in other areas of this map. They offer several clues about these secret closets.

PSchmitz said:
See the thread below. You must decontaminate the air lock first. The console can be found in the immediate area. Listen for the bubbling sound.

WHERE.

Then you missed the consoles located in other areas of this map. They offer several clues about these secret closets.

I'm picking up a clue right now... like, YOU are the person I need to kill to prevent me having to look for secret closets in future TeamTNT releases :)

Mordeth said:

WHERE.

Go through the first poly-doors that required the security pass in the engine room (directly opposite the entrance). The next set of polydoors states the air lock needs to be decontaminated. Step back from those doors, bear left and access the last console on the left.

Oh yeah. If this is your first visit to the engine room, wave hello to the bad guys through the window on each end of this room. Monster-fratricide will easy solve the ambush waiting for you here.

I'm picking up a clue right now... like, YOU are the person I need to kill to prevent me having to look for secret closets in future TeamTNT releases :)

Heh. Can't take credit for the map since it's not mine, but my son found those clues - he's only 9 (RD&H). ;)

PSchmitz said:
Heh. Can't take credit for the map since it's not mine, but my son found those clues - he's only 9 (RD&H). ;)

But you can't underestimate those young'uns! They are going to take over the planet one day, you know :)

BTW, I seem to have arrived in hub2 now.

Mordeth said:

But you can't underestimate those young'uns! They are going to take over the planet one day, you know :)

Actually, I'm REALLY looking forward to when they take over mowing the lawn. ;)

BTW, I seem to have arrived in hub2 now.

Heh. Well, have fun hunting down those microgens - and look out for those evil, most-hated red crates too. :)

...and activated one on the Secondary Bridge, and one on the Brig, what do I do next? I can (as expected) go to Cryonics, Officers Quarters, Armory, and the Scout Bay. But what am I supposed to do next?

Daedalus is great, but why does these enemies have to reappear every time you re-enter a map, even though you haven't done ANYTHING at all to make them come?

sotarn said:

Daedalus is great, but why does these enemies have to reappear every time you re-enter a map, even though you haven't done ANYTHING at all to make them come?

Re-inforcements, of course! That, and you wouldn't want the back-tracked levels getting too stale...

Seems my subject line didn't appear for some reason...

Does anyone know what to do next after you've installed the microgens in the Sec. Bridge and Brig maps? I've been everywhere without figuring out what to do..

sotarn said:

Seems my subject line didn't appear for some reason...

That only works on the first post.

Does anyone know what to do next after you've installed the microgens in the Sec. Bridge and Brig maps? I've been everywhere without figuring out what to do..

IIRC, you have to find the scout bay. Transport tubes in the secondary bridge and brig area that were not previously powered should be accessible now, so just keep looking.

Find the ship in the scout bay and you will recieve further instructions.

Find the officers' quarters, too, while you're at it. There are plenty of fun things there. Also, you finally recognize what some rooms are supposed to be. For instance, I remember a room back in the sleeping quarters, and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was supposed to be for what with the lava pools and funny colored sectors with pipes and particles, but once I got to the officers' quarters and saw a similar room, I realized by its placement that it was supposed to be a bathroom, and the lava pools are some form of super-efficient waste disposal system. :D

Now I'm stuck in Hub 4...at the Launch Site to be precise. I've done everything it seems, and gotten into the ship, but when I try to launch it, I don't seem to have the skills to navigate it. I've read somewhere that I need to find another learning pod, but where can I find it?

And how do I get to Dimensional Shift?

sotarn said:

Now I'm stuck in Hub 4...at the Launch Site to be precise. I've done everything it seems, and gotten into the ship, but when I try to launch it, I don't seem to have the skills to navigate it. I've read somewhere that I need to find another learning pod, but where can I find it?

You'll need to take the train back to the Language Labs and Classrooms. You missed the learning pod guarded by the Cybie in one of the classrooms (one of two rooms accessible with the basic student pass). You will need to kill him to open the door to the required learning pod. IIRC, activating his computer console should open the door too.

And how do I get to Dimensional Shift?

If you did not find the secret weapon in hub 3, then you need to clean out the dimensional shift area. Otherwise, it's a bonus map.

Take the train to Federated Control Systems, and head back to the lecture room that held the barons and all those imps. If you check out the north section of the room, you'll see the entrance point to Dimensional Shift through a set of windows (one on the right IIRC). It's only a matter of searching the map to find the entrance door to this area (requires the same access code as the door to the microgen). The door is behind the pillar holding a powerup (which will open when you grab the powerup, or can be manually opened).

Oh yes. Once you are in the correct room, you have to activate a computer console to open a portal to Dimensional Shift.

Ok I've played through the Dimensional Shift, cleansed it out but now I have no idea how to leave it, how is it done? I'm back to the start after cleansing the three sections that you teleport to.

sotarn said:

Ok I've played through the Dimensional Shift, cleansed it out but now I have no idea how to leave it, how is it done? I'm back to the start after cleansing the three sections that you teleport to.

The cryptic answer is leave the same way you arrived.

After you cleaned out the first area, you are teleported to the ledge area near the map's start. Time your jump correctly, and you are home free. :)

Ok, solved it.

I have a new problem now though...that I simply don't know what to do in the Finale.

Also how do I avoid running out of ammo? I don't even have the ammo to defeat the cyber.

sotarn said:

Ok, solved it.

I have a new problem now though...that I simply don't know what to do in the Finale.

Also how do I avoid running out of ammo? I don't even have the ammo to defeat the cyber.

Depending on your actions prior to escaping in the spaceship from hub 4, you may not like this answer. This may be the first discussion about this inter-hub puzzle. I hope you have saved games from the last map in Hub 4 (Launch Site).

You need to do two things before you leave hub 4:

1. Divert the conveyor belts so that your escaping spaceship is filled with all sorts of goodies/powerups. The consoles to do this can be found in the lower, center portion of the Launch Site. It's in the same place where you activate the console to refuel the spaceship.

2. Kill everything on this MAP. The more you kill, the more goodies you receive.

When you make it to the finale, you should see all this cargo teleport down to the surface for your use. These two steps are critical since the Finale is very low on ammo/health, and what you bring with you from Hub 4 will be the only way to make it through the Finale to the final conclusion. You could also revisit the previous maps in hub 4 and scarf up enough ammo to make it through the Finale too.

Also make sure you have the secret weapon before heading off to the Finale. It makes the ending so much more fun and enjoyable. :)

PSchmitz said:

Also make sure you have the secret weapon before heading off to the Finale. It makes the ending so much more fun and enjoyable. :)

No it doesn't. :P

PSchmitz said:

Depending on your actions prior to escaping in the spaceship from hub 4, you may not like this answer. This may be the first discussion about this inter-hub puzzle. I hope you have saved games from the last map in Hub 4 (Launch Site).

You need to do two things before you leave hub 4:

1. Divert the conveyor belts so that your escaping spaceship is filled with all sorts of goodies/powerups. The consoles to do this can be found in the lower, center portion of the Launch Site. It's in the same place where you activate the console to refuel the spaceship.

2. Kill everything on this MAP. The more you kill, the more goodies you receive.

When you make it to the finale, you should see all this cargo teleport down to the surface for your use. These two steps are critical since the Finale is very low on ammo/health, and what you bring with you from Hub 4 will be the only way to make it through the Finale to the final conclusion. You could also revisit the previous maps in hub 4 and scarf up enough ammo to make it through the Finale too.

Ok, I redid it killing most enemies with the chainsaw, now having 300 bullets, 26 shells, 7 rockets and 100 plasma at my disposal. But! What am I supposed to do in the map? You didn't explain how to solve the puzzles here. I'm in the big cavern now, I have defeated all the enemies that I can see, the revenants, the flies, the cyberdemon and the pain elemental. But what am I supposed to do next?

Daedalus gets me stuck all the time :P

sotarn said:

I'm in the big cavern now, I have defeated all the enemies that I can see, the revenants, the flies, the cyberdemon and the pain elemental. But what am I supposed to do next?

Did you get the large building to open up, exposing a "fountain" warp to over where the PE was? If not, you probably let that revenant leave home and come get you. You should go back down the ramp to where he starts out--he's quite a fan of miniature modeling.

If you haven't killed a couple of spiders down below where the PE was, you've got some more work to do.

Daedalus gets me stuck all the time :P

So speaks the author of Dimensional Shift (see, even our team members get stuck!) :)

I've beat Daedalus now, found that slope that lowered the walls after looking in Wad Author actually :P

I've heard that there's more than one ending, what must I do to see them?

>So speaks the author of Dimensional Shift (see, even our team members get stuck!) :)

Guess that's what happens after too many missed IRC meetings ;)

sotarn said:

I've heard that there's more than one ending, what must I do to see them?

Nope. Just one ending. The one with a hole in it :P

Ultraviolet said:

I just finished. Ty, I will fucking kill you and your team.

Not to overuse a Cyb quote, but...

Heh.

New question, not previously discussed:

My first entry into Environmental Control leads me to a room w/4 doors which I've opened in no particular order. This reveals consoles that I hit w/no immediate results.

With all 4 doors opened, and all 4 consoles hit, there's nothing else to do, and no way out.

My guess is that I'm supposed to hit the consoles in a particular order, using the symbols on the door switches. But I don't recall gathering any clues prior to this that would tell me in which order to hit things.

??