Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

local assholes (ban on exotic animals)

dayton ohio is atempting to get a la passed that would ban ALL exotice dancers.... er i mean animals.
this is primarily over reaction to a few recent cases
fire fighter bit and killed by his pet snake ( a viper)
2 tigers found and i belive a bear was recent too
a snake and columbus ate some small dog

while a ban on venomouse snakes and large preditory mammlas is a good thing for a large city. this ban is very very vague. as it stands it is a total ban on an7ything other than cats, dogs fish and small rodents.

not only can u not keep a huge python but it would be outlawed to even own a rubber boa (only about 1.5 feet in length, if that)

3 reasons for this, upset over the death of the fireman. despite the fact the man was an avid reptile collector, legaly and that he had owned the snake for years. he didnt want the snake or his animals killed. the snake now lives at a friend f the group's home.
reason to is good old fashion religious dogma viewing snakes as evil. seeing that is the animal in their sites, honestly i am more concerned about tigers and bears.
4 stupid fucking hippies, pardon my language. bitching about keeping pet snakes and such. however if the law is passed. all animals will HAVE to be either sold or destroyed. how is that for humane treatment.

the assholes in charge of this picked a good time to announce such a law. at 11:00 on new years eve. the last vote is wednesday. no one in the city contacted us about this law or the museum that we work out of. both centered in dayton. also copies of the proposed law are not being givin to us, despite the fact they are suppose to give us such material.

things we are doing. atempting to get a vote to suspend or delay vote until we have a chance to educate law makers. in the long run to have the law not passed, well i dont mind a bann on tigers.
pulling out of dayton. baseing or group in the region and not the city. any future events will be held out side of dayton and any research will be the same.

yea i know my english is not good. basicly if you own a reptile or bird, ok and maybe a tiger, this should piss you off.

Sephiroth said:

...large preditory mammlas...

Uh oh.

...quickly gets rid of his pet cannibal collection...

I wonder if this includes Demons.

salamanders are included in the law. so are anoles, small stupid lizard.

also your $16 parakeet or $3000 parrot are included as of now.

but hey they never contacted a single person who even remotly knows anything about animals

Sephiroth said:

but hey they never contacted a single person who even remotly knows anything about animals

You've got to be shitting me! Fuckin' a!

Sephiroth said:

I had anoles! :D
But they all sadly passed away, I burried the last one myself, in our backyard.

They were neato. :D My last one had a split tail, so he had two tails. :D
Luckily no bannage here. :D

Some group just tried this a few months ago where I live. It was laughed off so don't flip out. 20 bucks says my roommate has more reptiles than you Seph. ;)

Well thats pretty fucking stupid, large preditory animals should only be alowed to be kept by trained ppl with the right houseing to keep them in, dangerous snakes like rear-fanged, vipers, pit vipers and the likes should only be alowed to be owned with a permit training and proper houseing and a anti-venom provided at a close hospital.
Leave the other animals the fuck out of it there not causeing any harm.

Use3D said:

Some group just tried this a few months ago where I live. It was laughed off so don't flip out. 20 bucks says my roommate has more reptiles than you Seph. ;)

lets see, maybe. i only have
5 leopard geckos
1 blue tongue skink
15 vield chameleons
1 hybrid/mutt chameleon
1 golden mayasian gecko
1 ball python
1 hybrid iguana
1 sand fish skin

thats it right now, however compared to others in our reptile group. my collection is small. i have so many chameleons because eggs just hatched.

anyways we do have support of the mayor, her arch-rival, so wierd chick, is the one who proposed the law.

it looks doutful that it will pass, and if it does it will most likly get over ruled

i am glad the trouser snake is not banned

Do any chameloons actualy change color? Cause I know anoles do and they are sold as chameleons, but they arent really a type of chameleon. Real chameleons look like little triceratopses with buggy eyes and long tongues, at least of what I've seen.

the_Danarchist said:

Do any chameloons actualy change color? Cause I know anoles do and they are sold as chameleons, but they arent really a type of chameleon. Real chameleons look like little triceratopses with buggy eyes and long tongues, at least of what I've seen.

Yes, when they want to communicate chameleons change color. The colors/patterns can vary extremely between species.

Wouldn't a ban on large predatory mammals also force any human who goes hunting to either move or be put-down? :P

See this is where some people just get me so worked up. I know you didn't mean offense when you said "hippys." I know a bunch of hippys, some of whom had to suffer in Vietnam and a few others went to Woodstock. And you know what they'd say about that snake? "Well, he KNEW it was a snake."

AgentSpork said:

Humans are "civilized" though.

Heresy! Heresy I say! :D

The bannage of exotic animals is like the ban of meats on a pizza; it won't taste as good! Or something to that matter, or something, anypath, I am sure they have a resembalence somehow. :D

well things going for us
law is far too vauge.
person atempting to pass law is arch-rival of the mayor.
targets a specific group of people (similar law atemped in covington and was overturned because of that)
95% of the time such laws are defeated or over turned due to; constitional issues(sp?), cost of enforcement, would raise crime rate and often too vauge or difficult to understand.
a fellow researcher is helping us, also lives in dayton
if law passes and is enforced reseachers will leave dayton.
pet stores are aginst it

things look good for us.
also the people who are proposeing the law are really going after venomouse snake, and exotice large and terrible mammles (bears, tigers, poodles, cougars and such)

Poodles...ROFL.

I remember the people next door had a GIGANTIC poodle for a while. It would always be looking over the fence and growling at us when we were playing in the back yard. Heh.

They should leave everything else and just ban dogs. Either that or the punishment for letting your dog run free or bark at night should be death by monkey pox. :)

Rellik said:

They should leave everything else and just ban dogs. Either that or the punishment for letting your dog run free or bark at night should be death by monkey pox. :)

i prefer being pecked to death by chickens as a good punishment. yea at the meeting the police commisioner said it wasd mostly dogs that they got called into for.

a rather good meeting too, other stuff as well. my favorite was a man talking about AIDS.