Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skunkboy Kyle

Hanzel Und Gretyl

Hanzel Und Gretyl (or Hanzyl Und Gretyl as Metropolis wants to call them) is one of my favorite groups. Probably some of the hardest industrial you'll find, HUG is like taking Rammstien and Frontline Assembly and combining them. In their own universe, their songs primarly talk about things in space. They make huge refrences to the Nazis and thus are actualy banned from Germany and other parts of Europe. The lead singer Vas Kallas (actualy female and also the lead singer of other bands such as Cycle Sluts From Hell) and guitarist Loopy (male and also from Cycle Sluts From Hell, supposedly) started the group as just them and a drum machine. They are "Hanzel" and "Gretyl" and are the frontpeople of the group, for the other two are hardly ever interviewed (but have been with the band since their second album, Transmissions From Uranus). Vas Kallas, being fluent in German, is often mistakened for one, and many songs written in the language, but they are actualy from the US, New York to be exact... which just blew my mind when I found out. With three albums, their newest on Metropolis Records, I do believe that HUG is going places and will be big, or at least I hope.

Who else has heard this group? I happen to love them and own two albums (Uber Alles and Transmissions From Uranus)! It's amazing to hear Vas Kallas' voice as she belts out lyrics in such a male voice that originaly made me think SHE was Loopy, and Loopy was Vas! It is definatly not for those who enjoy "futurepop" groups like Apoptygma Berzerk, and more for the metal head who enjoys industrial music, that is how heavy they are. And if you haven't heard them and think you would, give em a listen! www.hanzelundgretyl.com

I seriously hope they aren't taking themselves too seriously.

Do you know Gothminister BTW? Not quite as hardcore, a bit closer to Rammstein music-wise, but without german lyrics.

They make huge refrences to the Nazis and thus are actualy banned from Germany and other parts of Europe.

Heh, and I sometimes have trouble defending why I like Rammstein when I tell my friends that I like their music.

What sort of references btw?

dsm said:

Heh, and I sometimes have trouble defending why I like Rammstein when I tell my friends that I like their music.

What sort of references btw?

I see on their website that one of their songs is called 'third reich from the sun'. Heh.

Disorder said:

I see on their website that one of their songs is called 'third reich from the sun'. Heh.

Which is a knockoff of Jimmi(sp?) Hendrix's Third Stone from the Sun

I can never get past the name. I take my aggro American style, Ministry, Godflesh, White Zombie ect. I used to love Rammstein, I had a falling out period and ended up listening to a lot of atmospheric, catastrophically tuned down bass with lots of ambient synth type industrial. Maybe I'll dig up some old Rammstein CDs someday, always made good driving music.

Disorder said:

Yeah, it's pretty good, the only song of theirs I have. Thanks Harvey!

Hanzel Und Gretyl must be one of the worst band names ever.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

They make huge refrences to the Nazis and thus are actualy banned from Germany and other parts of Europe.

Looks like Amazon is selling illegal products then.

30% of all European sales of Doom were to Germany. I don't think international shipping companies care about where they ship to unless they sell weapons or something.

Hehehe, I thought this got deleted.

Yeah, some of their songs (Third Reich, SS Deathstar Superglactik, Ich Bin Uber Alles, Overture) contain lots of Nazi refrences and there is a law in Germany about it, try finding a German copy of Wolfenstien and you'll see what I mean.
Also, what does Jimi Hendrick have to do anything with it? The title is actualy a refrence to the show "Third Rock From The Sun" (reich, rock) so...

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Also, what does Jimi Hendrick have to do anything with it? The title is actualy a refrence to the show "Third Rock From The Sun" (reich, rock) so...

Yeah, remember, that get over all the nazi references and corny german lyrics they're still a bunch of filthy americans.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Uh, Jimi Hendrix wrote third stone from the sun, but he must've just stolen the idea from Third Rock from the Sun.

Have you heard Third Reich? It's heavy, it's in German, and samples about 4 video games. It's nothing even close to Jimi Hendrix. If Jimi Hendrix had a song called "Third Stone From The Stone" and that's where the makers of the show got their title from it's not my fault.