Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

DWBS

I'm sure at least one or two of you have been trying to access DW throughout the day only to be handed a nice big fat error page of some kind. Well, long story short, the server DW was hosted on went to server heaven and the kind-hearted Telefragged staff worked around the clock to bring up a new one. As you can tell from this non-blank page the drives were fine, so nothing was lost (hopefully), and life goes on as normal, though you can probably expect a few snags once in a while thanks to a fresh install of Apache among other things. Thanks once again to the TF staff for being pretty quick when one of their server machines blows up, we love you guys!

Other news:

We're not on linux anymore, we're on a BSD now. Yes yes, I know it's dying. Whatever.

Arioch said:

Yes yes, I know it's dying. Whatever.

How could BSD be dying, with all those hot BSD chicks?

Certain parts of DW still seem to be messed up. For example, the numbers of comments for news items on the main page are wrong (e.g. it's saying there are 0 comments for the Recess news item, and only 3 for this one) , and the menu on the Boom section of the DW editing pages is missing.

BlackFish said:

Seems the avatars section's borked. I cant seem to change my custom avatar anymore.

I disabled them, due to this issue.

IDK if anyone has noticed this but the sigs are gone to. I just saw that my sig is gone. Idk if anyone eles has this problem.

I made sigs auto-off unless you purposely check the box because I hate sigs and would disable them completely if I could get away with it. Now if you want to pollute the forums with your retarded sig you have to do it on purpose.

Instead of annoying everyone who has one to please yourself, couldn't you just turn "Show user's signatures in their posts?" to off?

edit: heh, my time is off by an hour again

ravage said:

Yes sigs suck. Next, lets disable posting for further justice.

Heh! sounds like a plan!

sargebaldy said:

Instead of annoying everyone who has one to please yourself, couldn't you just turn "Show user's signatures in their posts?" to off?

Not really an option for the forum staff, in case someone puts goatse and tubgirl links in their sig.

Anyway, I smell great justice.

Grazza said:

Not really an option for the forum staff, in case someone puts goatse and tubgirl links in their sig.

Anyway, I smell great justice.

Smells like when a certain somebody banned all hotmail emails from a certain site.

ravage said:

Smells like when a certain somebody banned all hotmail emails from a certain site.

Yeah, it sounds like just the same sort of thing

Linguica said:

...I hate sigs and would disable them completely...

OMG! do it, please!

Sign in to follow this