Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Raffles

New Project WW2: Undercover - NEED HELP

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/ww2undercover/

Here is the webpage - needs some work, but it serves it's purpose for the time being.

I need level designers - advanced level designers. We are going to be using the Zdoom engine, and so I also want to find someone with dehacked skills. All the enemy sprites are sorted, and need to be scaled down with Zdoom (I havn't a clue, I am just a graphics designer). All textures are also done, but any texture that a particular level designer needs can be made by myself - I want all level designers (four max) to discuss with eachother what levels they will be making, and what textures they will require (ask for it, and I probably have it).

With all the textures and sprites sorted, a big chunk of the work has already been done. Now I need a set of level designers - those who will join this team will need to submit to me examples of their work, and can e-mail me at dumber36@hotmail.com.

I also would like for the team to start using the forum provided on the website for all project discussion.

UPDATE: If any level designers wish to download a small texture wad with a few older textures that I've made, then the linke is here:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/ww2undercover/downloads/WW2sample.zip

Did you say you want some help?

Lord Raffles, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Hahah! The first time I'm doing it!

ellmo said:

Lord Raffles, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Hahah! The first time I'm doing it!

...and the screenshots I've provided are not enough evidence?

Ellmo, before you starting trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show. :P

I'd like to help with mapping! Just throw me some old Wolf3D Maps and I'll make 'em into cool doom ones...Heheh...

Wait a minute! This sprung up an idea! Return to Castle Wolfenstein Doom! *works on making sprites*

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Ellmo, before you starting trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show. :P

rofl!

ellmo said:

Uncalled for, but heh worthy :P

It doesn't matter if there were any screenshots or not. I used the tag, and so I've joined the greatest assholes in the community. Hooray!

Please keep this thread clean of this retardness. The newproject tag was funny a long time ago, not anymore.

I've added a link that should allow you to download a sample texture wad, for any potential level designers (or anyone who wants to take a sneak peak).

PS - do stop the retarded posts, did I spam your metroid TC thread with crap?

Sorry, my bad. I just wanted to use the tag somehow. I won't probably use the tag anymore. It sucks.

Anyway I'm taking a look at what you had to show. Will tell you my opinion soon.

EDIT: Mhm. The screenshots look interesting. I'd like to see them with some sprites and changed weapon/status bar.
I've also posted first thread at your Forum

Lord Raffles said:

I also would like for the team to start using the forum provided on the website for all project discussion.

Duly posted, as requested.

I'm still around, just the phone company have fucked up and my phone line hasn't worked for a week - they were supposed to fix it by tuesday.

Anyway, i should be back next week. I'm going to go check the forum at the webpage now.

My internet connection is back :)

Hope all is well - just out of intrest, did anyone download the prototype texture wad I released? If so, did you make anything interesting with it? Please post screenshots or dubmit a download if possible :) thanks

Mancubus II said:

Aren't those textures from Return to Castle Wolfenstein?

Some textures have been used as a base for additional textures from RTCW - others have been taken from books and photographs taken with a digital camera.

Some are also from the deadly dozen and numerous BUILD games.

However, Primarely, many things have had to been made from scratch to work with Doom - such as the flags, skies, portraits, paintings, etc.

Say, I just looked at your site and noticed that you are looking for anybody with a good knowledge of DeHackEd. I'm your man! I'm experienced with DeHackEd in its ZDoom flavor, and since you're using ZDoom that all works out. Heck, I can get you some good sounds even, plus SNDINFO and SNDSEQ lumps for them.

wildweasel-r3000 said:

Say, I just looked at your site and noticed that you are looking for anybody with a good knowledge of DeHackEd. I'm your man! I'm experienced with DeHackEd in its ZDoom flavor, and since you're using ZDoom that all works out. Heck, I can get you some good sounds even, plus SNDINFO and SNDSEQ lumps for them.

check your PM box.