Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sotarn

Bugs in Hell Revealed II?

This newly released megawad is absolutely wonderful in all kinds of ways, one of my most anticipated wads of all time. I've played it on UV all the way, I'm at MAP18 now, when I noticed a bug; the blue key isn't accessible! At least not in any way that I can find.

Also it seems that MAP27 cannot be beat, because a door (that leads into the area where the blue key is) cannot be opened.

The third bug I seemed to have found is in MAP04, the second secret (in the area where the blue key is). There seems to be no way to get that secret.

Seems that all problems involves a blue key :P

Has anyone else found these problems?
Since I've looked in Wad Author, and I can't seem to find a way to get around these issues, I assume these are bugs. Please fix them, Andy & Co ;)

Besides these issues, this megawad is nearly flawless! Fantastic work!

There are already Max demos recorded for map04 and map27, so I suggest you watch those. I haven't played map18 myself, but can't believe it wasn't fully tested.

BTW, what port are you using? This wad was designed for and tested with the original game and ports that are compatible with it. Some ports might change aspects of the gameplay.

Grazza: Where can I find those demos? At COMPET-N?

0-Mephisto-0: I use GLBoom, which can take all other maps I've thrown at it, with 100% kills and secrets.

The thread I linked to contains details for the FTP site the demos are at.

A couple of direct links in case you have trouble with FTP access (copy the urls into the address bar):
http://lmp.netfirms.com/lmps/packs/hr2/h204-453donce.zip
http://lmp.netfirms.com/lmps/packs/hr2/h2271512.zip

GLBoom should be OK obviously; you could try -complevel 0 just in case it's some weird MBF or prboom-only thing. Seems unlikely though, especially since people have played these maps in ports that differ far more from the original game.

How did you beat it then? If you didn't ArchVile-jump, how did you get the blue key?

0-Mephisto-0 said:

Well, the blue key in MAP18 must be accesible, because I'm in MAP22. Don't know about the other, though.

Where can I find the demo for MAP18?

Grazza said:

The thread I linked to contains details for the FTP site the demos are at.

There isn't one yet; that's why I didn't refer to one. The demopack is a work-in-progress.

By the way, it is customary in these forums to put your reply after the quote; it will cause a lot of confusion if you put it before.

Grazza said:

There isn't one yet; that's why I didn't refer to one. The demopack is a work-in-progress.

By the way, it is customary in these forums to put your reply after the quote; it will cause a lot of confusion if you put it before.

Ok, sorry, will behave better from now on :P

On a related note, an annoying thing about map 5 is that after the door closes on you in the red-key room, the only way to get out of there is by finding a secret passage, since the door doesn't work from the inside. Was this planned? Otherwise, I'd say it's a bug.

(I mentioned it here, as well.)

Up to map 11 presently (plus I did maps 31 and 32 hehe, couldn't wait to see them!). I have to say the overall quality is extremely high. Great job!

Well, yeah, getting the blue key is very tricky here:

*Go to the rooms with all those crates and the blue key

*Walk on the smallest crate near the blue key.

*There is a medium-sized crate behind you. Run for it.

*Now run on the crate that is on top of the small crates

*And from there, run for the blue key crate.

This requires a lot of skill, it will take some tries.

The only bug issue I have encountered so far is in one of the levels, I somehow went through wall once, not sure how it happened, but it did.