Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

The Lost Uac Base

It looks cramped, like scaled down 2X from a normal level. It could use some supports between the textures too.

Why don't you use a REAL source port so you don't have all that fancy lighting shit to cover your shoddy mapping like condiments on stale food?

Ultraviolet said:

Why don't you use a REAL source port

NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY NOT LEGACY

EDIT: And NOT DYNAMIC LIGHTS either. Make sure you've got good sector-only lighting first, then dim them as necessary -- NOT all the way down to zero -- for putting in dynamic light things. Good architecture and basic lighting balance should come in before special dynamic light things. I'm saying your map should be able to look good if it was displayed with the vanilla-Doom renderer before you should worry about special glowing candles and all that. The way you are using special lighting features is utterly DESTROYING the theme of your map. Candles and candelabra? WTF?

Try it with JDoom or ZDoomgl, for instance, is what UV's saying.

ShadowRunner said:

The silence is killing me......

If a couple of days had gone by without any replies I'd have understood that post, but you really can't expect there to neccessarily be any replies in less than 30 minutes :|

NiGHTMARE said:

If a couple of days had gone by without any replies I'd have understood that post, but you really can't expect there to neccessarily be any replies in less than 30 minutes :|

Well in that case I should bump my abydian thread from a few weeks ago. :P

I don't know if that is a rofl of agreement or a rofl of "Man, that Ultraviolet guy is a real asshole." Maybe a bit of both?

Just because he doesn't make maps (I don't know if he does or not though) doesn't mean he can't comment on your map. And since I do map, I think your map looks far too cramped (which has been mentioned) and it looks far too grey/blue. Mind you, it looks as if you've only done about 2 rooms, you really don't need 12 screenshots for 2 rooms :P

ShadowRunner said:

This is one of my maps im working on For Ultimate doom.It might get submitted to newstuff this week if im lucky or next week.
Screenshots available at:geocities.com/shadowswads2004
Tell me what u think about it.

Ew, it look so damn cramped.

ShadowRunner said:

The silence is killing me......

Did you expect people to be like "OMG SHADOWRUNNER MADE A NEW MAP, OMGOMGOMOMG WE NEED TO SEE IT."?

l0zT UAC B@53 IS TEH BEST MAP EVAR!

OMG SHADOWRUNNER MUST MAKE MORE MAPS, OMGOMGOMOMG I WANT TO SEE IT!

zarkyb said:

Just because he doesn't make maps (I don't know if he does or not though) doesn't mean he can't comment on your map.

True. After all, we have a non-mapping DooMer who reviews wads on a regular basis...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

True. After all, we have a non-mapping DooMer who reviews wads on a regular basis...

deathz0r?

I have mapped, thank you. I have never released anything because of my PERFECTIONISM when it comes to mapping, specifically in terms of architecture. I believe I am well-qualified to judge your work. You are free NOT to show it to us if you wish to avoid such things.

ShadowRunner said:

The midi im gonna go for with this map is one step closer from Linkin park.It fits it perfectly if u know what i mean.

Why, is the map just as terrible as the song?

Ubik said:

Why, is the map just as terrible as the song?

haha damnit you beat me. ZING

Ultraviolet said:

I have mapped, thank you. I have never released anything because of my PERFECTIONISM when it comes to mapping, specifically in terms of architecture.

Word. I spend like 5 hours on a 128x128 room just because there is something that doesnt sit right for me. Right now, I'm kinda working on a DM project to see if I can do something with gameplay over architecture so I can release it for once. Heh.

Oh, and this map looks dumb.