Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Good Dreamcast Games?

I'm about to pawn off my Dreamcast, but before I did I wanted to find out if there are any Dreamcast games good enough to make keeping the system worthwhile. I've played Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Phantasy Star Online, so don't mention those.

Well this is just to my appeals:
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle (more of a multiplayer game though)

Thats all I can think of. :P I only got Sonic Adventure for mine with a VMU. :P

Quake3, imo, was pretty good on it. I also really liked Maken-X, Dynamite Dekka 2 (Dynamite Cop 2 here in the US), Sonic Adventure, King of Fighters Dream Match 99 (actually KoF98), Soul Calibur, DoA2, Godzilla Generations (Japanese only, but I only had a Japanese Dreamcast), and I'm sure quite a few others. Rott was pretty good when it was ported, too.

the ultimate dreamcast game is....
Doom and doom II and final Doom. oke you have to make a copy of them, if u own the games and a CD-burner. No mod chip is needed

i dout u could pawn it for much, would mostlikly get more money off ebay.

Soul Calibur and Crazy Taxi, though they both get pretty boring rather fast.

I should sell my DC too. I've literaly only played it twice.

I recently sold my DC to help towards my NeoGeo. Now I kinda wished I had at least kept my DC. It was a Japanese model that had a mod chip so I could play US games in it. I bought it before the US one was released. So many fond memories were made with that one. But, I guess it was for the best since my DC had started stalling.

Oh, and Shenmue is really really good.

I have Quake3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Crazy Taxi, Grandia II, and a few others. Grandia is awesome, as are all fighting games IMO. Im keeping my dreamcast forever. I mean come on, SEGA's last system, gotta be worth something one day :p

Sephiroth said:

Doom and doom II and final Doom. oke you have to make a copy of them, if u own the games and a CD-burner. No mod chip is needed

Wow, is it really just that?

Sephiroth said:

i dout u could pawn it for much, would mostlikly get more money off ebay.

http://dcemulation.com

Anyway, Ikaruga is a pretty cool game. Sword of the Berserk. Lets see, the sonic games are cool despite their sometimes crappy cameras. Some other cool games too if you look around

Ralphis said:

Anyway, Ikaruga is a pretty cool game. Sword of the Berserk. Lets see, the sonic games are cool despite their sometimes crappy cameras. Some other cool games too if you look around

Yeah, sometimes the camera angles really Barbequed my chicken. :D

* Sonic Adventure (not mentioning the second because I never really played it aside from a demo disc)
* Shenmue!
* Jet Grind (Set) Radio!!
* Worms World Party is okay, but get it on PC instead...
* KoF: Dream Match 1999 (gotta love Shingo, man)
* KoF '99 Evolution (the REAL KoF '99 - "Hey, where'd my move go?")
* Marvel VS Capcom 2
* Soul Calibur
* Tony Hawk 2
* Chu Chu Rocket (good for a while, more fun with more people)

EDIT
* Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (known as Garou on Neo-geo)
* Last Blade 2
* Samurai Showdown? (I forget if they ported this one or not)
* Virtua Fighter 3

Guilty Gear X (import only)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (preferably import so it's uncensored, get the US PSX version for story)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (import)
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Cannonspike/Gunspike
Gunbird 2

From DC emulation, get Nester DC v7.1 and then some Japanese 4 player Famicom games by Technos (NOT Tecmo) such as practically any game with Nekketsu in the title.

Spawn, Power Stone 2, Marvel vs Capcom (1), Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Bomberman, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, for more multiplayer action. But SFA3 is only up to 3 players and MvC1 is 1,2, or 4 player but not 3 player. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is only two players and is pretty spastic.

Check out places like ncsx.com or videogamedepot.com
but stay the hell away from buyrite. They're awful and send people the wrong thing, defective stuff, etc.

I'll add Virtual On and Daytona USA on the list.

Yeah Daytona USA is old, but the Dreamcast version is an excellent remake. The music was re-recorded the cars and tracks have more detail. It also contains the 3 original Daytona USA tracks, 2 from the CCE edition and 3 new tracks. Pretty good stuff.

Okeydoke, Shenmue is the only one that kinda appeals to me. That's where you're trying to solve your father's death or somesuch, right? Was it ever ported to any other systems?

Heh, I thought the N64 had bad game selection . . .

Tobester said:

Seaman

greatest dc game ever

i DONT want to know what kind of games you play!

just kidding, i own that game, however i have never played it. guess i should check it out.

also i want to port quake and quake 2 to my DC, just cant find the sites

Grimm said:

Okeydoke, Shenmue is the only one that kinda appeals to me. That's where you're trying to solve your father's death or somesuch, right? Was it ever ported to any other systems?

Heh, I thought the N64 had bad game selection . . .

Shenmue 2, which is only a Japanese import for DC iirc, was ported to XBox and came with a DVD movie of the entire first game. That one's great, too.

Sephiroth said:

just kidding, i own that game, however i have never played it. guess i should check it out.

It's awesome. I was addicted to a friend's copy for a while.

Info for those that don't know: The point of the game is to raise these little tadpoles into Seaman. The game comes with a microphone to attach to the dc controller so you can have conversations with your fish. It is really fun to watch them grow up and progress and evolve and its sad to see them go :~)

Heh, I played House of the Dead 2 with my friend for 5 hours straight once.

Gets old after a while.