Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DartmerC

URGENT:: True 3D sectors in EDGE

Hey, I'm working on a really huge TC, I am using Legacy for the MP engine, and True 3D sectors are working fine with it, but im using EDGE as the SP engine. I need to work 3D sectors into my SP levels, and it would be great if one of you guys could give me a hand. EDGE says it supports legacy 3D, but I try to impliment it and it doesnt work and EDGE just crashes. Please post if you have an answer, because this has stopped work on the project completely.
Thanks.

Does it give an error when it crashes?

I remember testing a few of my maps which had 3D floors in it and EDGE crashing because I used them too.. how should I say this.. robustly?

Legacy's 3D floor linedef number has also been put into EDGE, so the maps should translate over with no trouble...

Hm, i suppose you know about the .gwa files involved with EDGE map editing, basically every time you play your map in the port, it makes a .gwa file with the same name, you'll need to delete this every time you make a change to the map so that EDGE can build a new one

You could download ESL from my site (link in sig) and have it take care of deleting those stale .gwa files for you.

It also has lots of other options which could be useful to you in the development of your TC, such as generating a Debug file which you could use to better determine where and why your map is making Edge go belly up.

DartmerC, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

ShadowRunner said:

DartmerC, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Some people who think they are funny aren't! You are among them. This is really getting old (and very annoying!)