Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Like, yea.

Other than strifing what techniques do you use to avoid certain attacks? Or are there any amazing techniques you use in order to kill the demons with?
(If this thread has already been done Hell me, or something.)

One technique that makes some monsters much easier to fight is to run up to them so they do their melee attack, and back away before it lands. That way, you get them in a sort of pause where they have to finish the attack animation, but are harmless. Then you blast away! It works.

When there are many monsters in a big hall, just running around them non-stop helps. This way the chances you'll get hit are pretty low, while you can shoot every now and then and slowly wipe them out. And if we're talking about monsters of several types, they will pretty soon start fighting amongst themselves, making the work a lot easier for you.

If I come across a room which a somewhat large amount of monsters, I'll go back behind the door and blast whatever walks through. Alternatively, I'll open and close the door to use a a shield from projectile fire.

Take out hitscan (bullet shooting) monsters first. A moving projectile is easier to dodge than a quickly calculated line.

Graveyard Disciple said:

Well, this is a cunts way out, when a monster is by a wall/ledge and you see his head/limb/gun/whatever shoot it.

Real no brainer dude :)

I have one bit about revenants and their homing missiles.

Many wad authors place revenants on high places like tall pillars and watchtowers. They believe this makes them more dangerous by allowing them a greater field of vision and the ability to shoot over shorter obstacles.

Yet this also exposes one of their main weaknesses. You see, the homing missiles can navigate quite adeptly on a horizontal plan, but they have trouble aligning their altitude. Therefore if a bunch of pillar mounted revenants shoot missiles after you simply run forward and see the missiles crash into the dirt.

Developers who want their tower-mounted revenants to be dangerous are advised to place the player in crossfire situations where dodging one revenant missile can mean giving the other enough time to stabilize their descent.