Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Books similar to Knee-Deep in the Dead?

The title may sound odd, heh, but I'm looking for books in the same style as the first Doom book, Knee-Deep in the Dead, before he meets Arlene. That was the first time I had ever seen that style of writing, being all alone in with death lurking around the corner, very suspenseful, and I haevn't that style since. I'd appreciate it if anyone could inform me of books in that style. Considering how crappy the authors were, I doubt they invented it. :)

I saw these resident evil books in Barnes and Noble once. I never actually read any of them, but that's sort of a similar concept...

I vaguely recall that on the backside the book said "in the style of Starship Troopers," so you could try Robert Heinlein's book. I haven't read it myself (only saw the movie.) The concept you're mentioning is DOOM's basic premise, and we could say it comes from Aliens.

Starship Troopers isnt very suspensful. It's more like reading an autobiography. Still interesting though.

Grimm you're British aren;t you?

Get your ass down to your local forbidden planet, or failing that just go down the library where half the sci-fi section will be similarly written space-operas.

Nah, I'm American. Huh . . . I can't believe no one can come up with any examples. Perhaps, then, Knee-Deep in the Dead deserves more credit than it gets . . .

On a side note, anyone ever read Brahm Stoker's Dracula? I have a feeling it actually might be kinda similar to Knee-Deep in the Dead, and I want to read it besides . . .

the_Danarchist said:

Starship Troopers isnt very suspensful. It's more like reading an autobiography. Still interesting though.

The book owned the hell out of the movie. I got all excited for the movie, but then I was just like "what the fuck?"