Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Donce

Bndalyt Max and TAS NM

Recorded these demos about two weeks ago and forgot to post them, doing that now.

Nice map, Gene!

Text:

A Max and TAS NM demos of Gene's Bndalyt.wad. Good wad, average demos.

In TAS demo I performed a jump that would be helpful when speedrunning
and would be quite hard to do in the first try. Also had problems at the
doors - I use MB2 for strafe on and in Tasdoom if a mouse button is held
the player seems to constantly use the 'use' function. I didn't optimize
anything at all, just got the demo done so it doesn't look very good.

Note that the TAS demo is converted to doom2.exe format so use doom2.exe
or compatibles for both demos.

EDIT: I mailed the zip to Opulent, but thought: why don't I just create my own webspace? From the moment I asked myself this question until I uploaded the zip to the newly created webspace was just 15 minutes.

So here you go:

http://donce.webspace4free.biz/Dtbndlt.zip

How very cool! I can hardly wait to see this.

I have always considered it one of the hardest maps of the series to go fast on because of the way you get pinned down in the "Cage" area.

A NM run sounds very exciting. Thanks!

Thanks for the positive feedback on it.

Man o Man gotta go pop some pop corn and grab a soda.

Donce,

Nice max run! I enjoyed watching. One of Gene's tougher maps.

Btw... the lmps I put in Gene's zips are purposefully slower than the ones I send to the DSDA as they are basically for anybody needing help.

The DSDA one is 13:53, still not quite as fast as yours but I'm happy to be this close :).

Rich said:

Donce,

Nice max run! I enjoyed watching. One of Gene's tougher maps.

Btw... the lmps I put in Gene's zips are purposefully slower than the ones I send to the DSDA as they are basically for anybody needing help.

The DSDA one is 13:53, still not quite as fast as yours but I'm happy to be this close :).

Thanks, I watched your DSDA demo after doing mine (purposefully didn't watch before :) and I noticed that you did quite a few areas faster and better.

Watched those demos last evening and a few times today. Nice job! The max was very fast compared to the wimpy way I play it. Certainly that map is no slouch when it comes to solid battles.

The NM run was likewise, just excellent. I had not yet seen a NM run of that map. It sure makes that thing play differently. Those battles are far tougher that way. I am sure surprised that even a TAS run on that map could be done so quickly. Nice to see you "discovered" the speed running tricks I put in there.

I was going to suggest you look at Rich's demo, but I see you found it.

Thanks, I really enjoyed the demos. I hope some other people have given them a look too. Tough map, great runs! Looks like you enjoyed it.

Yes, I watched them, open-mouthed in the case of the NM demo. I wonder how many saves Donce used. I think I would have needed a hundred or so. :)

Searcher said:

Nice to see you "discovered" the speed running tricks I put in there.

Looks like you enjoyed it.

So this trick was made possible on purpose?
Hehe. Yes, I sure did enjoy it (the map).

I can't remember how many saves I used in NM but yes, quite a few. I wish I had optimized that run a bit.

Donce said:

So this trick was made possible on purpose?
Hehe. Yes, I sure did enjoy it (the map).

I can't remember how many saves I used in NM but yes, quite a few. I wish I had optimized that run a bit.

I knew when I was building it, that it would lend itself to just that sort of trick. I even had to move some walls around to make it work.

My personal focus is on max runs, but I have been a little nicer in some of my more recent series maps to the speed runners. My early work did not consider speed runners very much.

Thanks again for those demos, nice job.