Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkpaul

PSX doom?

Hey, guys. Another question for ya:

is there a TC or something to make it seem like playing Doom on psx? all 50-somethin levels?

I played through some of the levels on the doomdepot TC (including the music was), but it was only some, and it had 32 levels. I know it's like fusing both doom and doom2 together, but just thought I'd ask. Kind of making a compiliation doom cd, so wanted to get everything I could :)

I play the original game on my PC using ePSXe (a PSX emulator) and configure the keys as closely as possible to regular doom keys.

Doom on Playstation was just Doom and Doom II with new sounds and a moodier atmosphere. I will admit, I liked it better, and the lack of music scared the shyte out of me. I still love the sound effects better than the PC version.

As part of learning how to use mappers and utilities i started redesigning the first episode of doom to look like the PSX version, including colored lighting and suff like that. What i did finish was real close to it, but unfortunately my mom deleted all my copies of it, for some reason she thought it was causing her computer to screw up, so she deleted everything that had anything to do with doom. I havnt gone back to doing it yet, if anyones inetrested in designing some of the levels i would start it up again. I had levels 1,2,3,4,6,and 8 done, well mostly.

Well, it might not be quite what you're looking for, but the wad that I'm nearly finished with, which'll be submitted to /newstuff this week is meant to be very atmospheric in the nature of PSX Doom and Final Doom. So perhaps that'd be right up your alley. :)