Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Tale(Ahem Gates)Of Doom To The Edge!!!

First things first.
Tale of Doom is not Tale of Doom anymore.
I Discussed with some of my members if they liked the name or not and agreed with each other that it was indeed Corny.

The New Name Change is Now: "GaTeS Of DooM"
Heres The Whole Reason why.
Not only Was Tod well now GoD(Pronouced as the lord now)Gonna Be The year 3084,but if u didnt know allready(most dont),Darkhaven brought up the idea to me a while ago about a Hexen/Heretic side story or prequel to GoD.

It Of course will be on the doom2 engine just like GoD,Then reformated for editing with zdoom.
Unlike God though this takes place 2000 years before the events of GoD.

The Story:
In The year 1184 The evil ruler Magus rose to destroy all of humanity and form his own army of servants to build him a new world.The 8 gates were created and put into 8 diffrent areas around the world.
The Gate of Fire(Volcano)
The Gate of Water(Ocean)
The Gate of Ice(Alaska)
The Gate of Wind(Unknown for now)
The Gate of Earth(Equator of The Earth,deep in the core)
The Gate of Time(Unknown for now)
The Gate of Shadows(The Underworld)
And The Gate of Hell(Where Else?!)
In each Gate lies a Guardian(Boss) to serve magus and protect the orbs of power,including destroying you!(The Only Human who's mastered the arts of fighting,healing,and magic.)
Magus's Castle Has Been sealed by 8 orbs of power(Red,Blue,White,Green,Brown,Orange,and Black).The bridge has also been destroyed and left deep in the ocean.

You began your search for the Ancient sword of souls in the cave of no return(final fantasy ripoff yeah yeah).

Magus Awaits you.

Now how does this apply to Gates of Doom(The Future part)?
Your doing research on a incident called the magical erua and find something the 8 gates of doom.As you research you find out The Brave Warrior who set off to destroy magus is one of your ancestors.As u began to read further the computer begins to glow a weird color.All of the sudden a evil black shadow yells,I live again!!!

You quickly duck to grab your eagle pistols but surprisingly dont have an effect on this shadow.......

He goes after your friend to take the shape of a human body(A Cutscrene in zdoom will begin here showing him morph into the form of magus but with still a black shadow to block his appearance)

He raises his arms and yells (My MINIONS THE TIME HAS COME TO RISE AGAIN!!!)out of nowhere at least 10 shadows jump against each wall onto the floor and come into the shape of Fellow Scientists morphed into Evil Zombies(They will look ALOT diffrent then the regular zombie like a Ripped shirt with blood dripping some hair pulled,holes in head and stuff.)
Before you can shoot them to death a Magical sword slices them into pieces.

In appearance a Blackish blueish portal appears and a warrior walks out to tell you he was the beginner of the (blank for now) Family.
He tells you he can give your guns the power to kill magus.

Thats all im saying for now.

BUT THATS NOT JUST HOW ITS GOING TO THE EDGE!!!.
Thats right,its about time we got our monsters worked on.
1.First monster idea,Blood,Acid,and Water Elementals(for the side story).Attacks shoot Acid at you.
2.A Advanced Version of the Bishop
3.Flamdigos(Flame version of the windigo.)
More to come.

Why thank you mancubus.
You know i saw some of those skins ur doing for this one project(forgot what it was) but it had like cyber cacodemons and stuff like that.You wanna help out since i only have 1 skin maker which is hustler one.

ShadowRunner said:

Why thank you mancubus.
You know i saw some of those skins ur doing for this one project(forgot what it was) but it had like cyber cacodemons and stuff like that.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The only sprite set you've probably ever seen by me is a supershotgun zombie for ST, which still a little rough around the edges. Other than that I've never made monsters sprites before (and released).

ShadowRunner also said:

You wanna help out since i only have 1 skin maker which is hustler one.

No thanks. I've stopped doing sprite work all together, "retired" if you will.

Some suggestions:

Gate of Wind - Mt. Washington, New Hampshire (highest wind record)
Gate of Earth - Dead Sea (location of Sodom and Gomorrah)
Gate of Time - 0° Latitude 0° Longitude (just off the west coast of Africa)

Sounds good.May i remind we do have the skill to do this,With zdoom in hexen format.

A hub for both projects will be used.Both of them should be released before 2005 even comes anywhere near.We just need some more staff members.Ive lost about 3 becuz they havent been on anymore.

ShadowRunner said:

Sounds good.May i remind we do have the skill to do this,With zdoom in hexen format.

You're going to need to improve your mapping skill if you want people to play this. This is far too ambitious for a first project. Work on improving your skills on small levels first, then move onto bigger things.

I've been waiting for this moment all my life.

Shadowjogger, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

...and with Ralphis' lifelong dream fulfilled, he can now die in peace...

No really, what's with all these people who refrain from using spaces after each sentence? Really two spaces is best, but zero? Come on.

Anyway, I look forward to this project. I'll give Mock2 II something to compete against.

This will beat mock2 completely.
I have gained better mapping skills,i just dont like to show them off to people just yet.Im asking you guys to help out,theirs no harm in that.

And ralphis,just shutup.

Anyway, I look forward to this project. I'll give Mock2 II something to compete against.

Heh heh heh, I just got this. Good one.

Im not laughing....But back on topic.
Any takers to help i need the following right now.
Texture editors
Weapon Designer's
Mappers
Midi makers
Skin makers.

ShadowRunner said:

Im not laughing....But back on topic.
Any takers to help i need the following right now.
Texture editors
Weapon Designer's
Mappers
Midi makers
Skin makers.

I'll make some midi for you.

I have a couple sectors you can borrow. But I'd like them back when you're done.

ShadowRunner said:

Got Aol instant messanger?

Yeah, my screen name's zarcyb.

Here is a midi you could use for your project. Hope you like it! :):):):)

ShadowRunner said:

A hub for both projects will be used.Both of them should be released before 2005 even comes anywhere near.We just need some more staff members.Ive lost about 3 becuz they havent been on anymore.

Man, you make this too easy...

What you need is not more "staff members", but more of a reality check. That newproject tag doesn't lie. There have been so many people that are doing what you're doing; they start a really ambitious and "out there" project, and it never comes to fruition. Usually this happens because the concept requires a replacement of all resources, which is something that not too many people have been able to do successfully.

No one cares if you "have the talent" unless you show the talent. If you have the mapping skill, then please, show us. Because unless you do, no one will believe you. NO ONE. Try and get this through your head. If you're truly serious about this, you'll at least investigate all aspects of this project and get to know more about them, like replacing graphics, sounds, etc. Bone up on the technology so you at least have some concept of what other people will need to do and the time it'll actually take to accomplish this task.

So that's what falling asleep on your keyboard while making music sounds like.

Ichor said:

So that's what falling asleep on your keyboard while making music sounds like.

:( I'm so insulted! Fine, I'll never make music again! Sorry Shadowrunner, you just lost your midi person... thanks to ICHOR here!

:'(

zarkyb said:

:( I'm so insulted! Fine, I'll never make music again! Sorry Shadowrunner, you just lost your midi person... thanks to ICHOR here!

:'(

Shoot, Shadowrunner...that's quite a loss to the crew. : /

christ's sake, make it stop.

Shadow, listen to me. Just because you just got doom doesnt mean you can become the greatest TC maker. Never happend, never will. Espicially at this rate.