Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

What do you miss most?

ZDoom is slowly getting more Strife support. It's emulated though, so it'll never be exactly like the original game. Hopefully it'll be close enough to be playable, though.

I miss the big butts most of all. (I love the big butts)

Oh, in the community? I miss SargeBaldy's speedmapping wads in /newstuff.

Whew... this isn't in the community, but I miss my good ol' laptop. I used to play Doom and come here everyday. It's been at least 2 or 3 weeks since I've haad my laptop. My dad brought home some to give to me but he is great a procrastinating. He is godlike at it.

I miss the feeling I used to get making maps and drawing things for DooM. It's just not like when I first starting in 96... everything was amazing. From the MS paint guns to the first level I made with dozens of HOM effects. There's just no fun or discovery left for me anymore.

I miss Wolfendoom considering its the only thing I can think of right now.

I like that Cyber Mastermind or Spider Demon or whatever it is.

Doomnation
Icarus Web
Doom 3057
Doomserv
Old DWF members who don't suck (unlike everyone now who does suck)
Cyb

For me, it would just be WolfenDoom. I am probably too young to remember the early popular projects, but WolfenDoom was great - a perfect fusion of my two all - time favourite games.

Grimm said:

Never heard of it, ever. Find it for me please. :)

I've tried and tried to find this wad, but it simply doesn't seem to exist on the 'net anymore. Pretty much all that's left to it is Requiem map21, which was originally created for Beyond Doom.

Doom2Xtreme, IIRC, is just a bunch of levels from other WADs (such as MM, MM2, etc) including commercial WADs like TNT and Plutonia. I think there were also some annoying sprite replacements too.

Worst. TC. Ever.

Volteface said:

Doom2Xtreme, IIRC, is just a bunch of levels from other WADs (such as MM, MM2, etc) including commercial WADs like TNT and Plutonia. I think there were also some annoying sprite replacements too.

Worst. TC. Ever.

TNT MAP29 (River Styx) and Original DOOM ExM8 are used as the secret levels. I haven't played too many of other WADs, so most of the other levels don't look familiar. Besides the sprite replacements, there were lots of game behavior changes (through DeHackEd, as D2X provides its "own" EXE). Weapons are faster, ammo is a plenty and enemies are tougher. It was designed to maximize the killing factor, but is of course a lot easier than any serious monster-packed megawads. I guess overall it does feel completely newbish by today's standards, but I don't think it's so terrible, and for sure there have been worse TCs out there.

ShadowRunner said:

Doom2Xtreme.
I cant find that anymore and that was the best tc ive ever played,Double barrel Shotguns kicked so much ass.

You mean double double-barreled shotguns.

If you're interested, I have Doom2Xtreme and Doom2XtremeGold (the one with the chick). They are 6MB and 10MB respectively.

ShadowRunner said:

ill Take d2xtreme please.

Yes, sir, and would you want fries with that too?

Seriously, now. You can't just say "I'll take it". That's freaking six megs - how you want me to transfer it to you? Give me a host or a large enough mailbox, and I'll deliver it, free of charge.

Fredrik said:

I miss the ounce of seriousness that once was.

/Fails to detect sarcasm
Stupid, lousy, worthless sarcasm detectors you get around here!

I'm too young for any of these.

Too young to die...

I wouldn't say I'm too young for those ol' projects, merely that I didn't get a decent internet connection until very late, and I didn't manage to familiarize myself enough with DW until it was too late.

I did get as far as trying out WolfenDoom though and I miss that. Did the machinegun ever get improved so that it wouldn't work like an automatic shotgun? That was my biggest problem with that "port".