Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Chaos Revived

Chris Lutz has let us know that he's updated the Chaos Crew pages with quite a bit of stuff. First, he deals with what he likes most about his previous maps and the ideas that went behind some of them. He's also looking for some feedback as to what his next creation should be, with the possibilities outlined in the update. Also, note that relevant suggestions about what he should do next and/or criticism should go here.

Of the choices given, I'd say a Deimos: Anomaly Reborn sounds most interesting. Together with P:AR and Chris' Inferno Episode, this would be a solid retelling of the entire doom story (though Inferno would seem easy compared to the former two, it still works). Unearthed sounded very interesting, as horror settings have been successfully captured in wads like asylum of the wretched, but I'm afraid I don't have THAT much money lying around. :)

EDIT: also, about the gameplay concerns, I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what the issue could be and I'm not getting anywhere, but I'm sure others might be able to do better. Perhaps it's just naturally when areas become more complicated in a simple gameplay design (we're still finding the keys, but the surroundings have evolved since).

I'm with Vile on this one, a Deimos: Anomaly Reborn would be awesome to go along with Inferno and P:AR. Maybe once he's finished he could go back to Inferno, fix it up, add detail, make it more difficult, etc.

NiGHTMARE said:

Clearly you guys didn't read Bloodshedder's final sentence :)

Clearly, and it's such a big deal it had to be pointed out by you. Whatever.

Now now, no need to throw a temper tantrum ;) It's just that I thought you might want Mr. Lutz to actually read your post (seeing as that's who it's addressed to), and if he wants comments placed elsewhere there's a good chance he won't see them if they're here.

It's not like I said "you f**k1ng ll4m4! lern to re4d you ret4rd l0lz!" now is it? So chill, it wasn't intended as a personal attack of any kind. Heck, I even used a smilie to try to make that clear, but perhaps you missed that too? ;) <- yes look that's a smilie, it means I'm not insulting you! :)

No problem, that comment mostly came from today's mood: irritable and grouchy. I try to keep a cool head, but as it was in a certain Seinfeld episode... "Serenity now, insanity later."

Reminds me of the txt file fiasco with Virgil's Claust wad, normally I completely read what's provided and it's not always a big deal, but the one time I skip past, I get caught in some way. Argh. ;)

Nick, I tried to send you an e-mail about something to your frad address but got a delay message with no reason. Do you have a different one I could use?

Joel: nope, but i think frad.org went down for a few days because I didn't recieve any e-mail during that time, even though I'm on a couple of daily mailing lists.

It seems to be fine now though, so try sending again :)

Sign in to follow this