Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Hey Mikey, He Likes It!

Over at the Eternity Page you can read about Team Eternity's latest project, namely Chex Quest 3 which is a Chex Quest TC that will use ZDoom. Haha, no I'm kidding, it'll use Eternity of course. Utilizing features such as friendly AI (giving you a helper buddy), EDF (for new monsters, weapons and the like) and any other features supported by Eternity, it promises to be pretty interesting. Head to the site for more info on the project.

I know, but I couldn't think of any old (or any at all) Chex slogans...

Cyb said:

I know, but I couldn't think of any old (or any at all) Chex slogans...

How about...

"I I Love Love Double Double WADs WADs"

You never know ;)

eternity...
it's fine as long as they fix the crap mouse support...

but so far it's on my 'avoid' list even if it has perfect doom2
compatibility.

VinceDSS said:

eternity...
it's fine as long as they fix the crap mouse support...

but so far it's on my 'avoid' list even if it has perfect doom2
compatibility.

Um, first off, please, if eternity is on your avoid list, please avoid eternity related threads as well...

secondly, define "crap mouse support" because that really doesn't define what you don't like about the mouse support, it's just a useless complaint.

Kapt'nMullet said:

is that supposed to say I'm not kidding?

It's correct. Read the whole thing a few more times.

I must admit I was very harsh, but I also was pissed off.
I am on quest looking for a doom2.exe demo compatible port since
prboom does not work on my computer.
So I was happy to try eternity and its v1.9 compatibility hack.
But I tried to use and found that the mouse has much higher mouse acceleration than any other ports (do not confuse it with sensibility).
That was really odd to me, because all other ports on my computer have more or less the same mouse acceleration.
So when I am used to do quick instant 180 turns in legacy or zDoom, eternity does something around 360 or so. That's pretty disappointing when you try to record some rather hard and fast paced demos like in HR2, I end up screwing up runs really badly.
I tried lowering the mouse sensibility but It does not really help.

I dunno what could be different with other doomports... maybe it's just related to my computer ? but still it's very annoying.

VinceDSS said:

mouse sensibility

Not to be confused with mouse sensitivity. I've known some very sensible mice.

VinceDSS said:

prboom does not work on my computer.

What is it with all these people who give up on ports because they "don't work on my computer"? If the port doesn't work and it's still in active development, surely the sensible thing to do is to either post your problem on that port's forums or e-mail it's creator(s)?

If if you're doing something wrong you'll be told how to solve the problem, or if it's a genuine bug it'll most likely be fixed in a future version of the port. But if the port's author doesn't know about a problem, it can't exactly be fixed, can it?

I think cph heard about it, because I am not the only one with that kind of problem. In fact, Adam Williamson has the same problem.
And it seem we both have WinXP... so it's might an OS problem.
Which is rather annoying since I think prBoom is really a great port.

Epyo said:

Uhhhh shouldn't it be Chex Quest 4?

Yeah, I think I remember a Chex 2 and a Chex 3 already being done, or at least semi-done.

Cool idea though. I like.

It's called Chex Quest III because it is a kind of parody on Contra III, blah, blah, blah...

My prboom problem got solved, I was using a broken version of prboom (2.3.0) Bahdko told me the netcode is broken and I found by myself that the demo recording code is broken and so is the savegame code.

And about the eternity mouse problems, is it realted to my copmputer only ? but other ports work just perfect on my comp...
Any other people have this problem ? (very high mouse acceleration)

thx.

actually prboom 2.2.4 seems to be the most stable.

/me is very dumb not to have thought about that before

big thx to bahdko and waldon telling me that prboom 2.3.0 is broken.

VinceDSS said:

And about the eternity mouse problems, is it realted to my copmputer only ? but other ports work just perfect on my comp...
Any other people have this problem ? (very high mouse acceleration)

thx.

Probably not. The accelerative mouse code was added intentionally because many people had previously complained about the mouse code that is used in the DOS version, saying it was not enough like DOOM's mouse code. I think when it comes to this kind of thing, it is very hard to please everyone. However, we can look into the issue and possibly provide alternate mouse behavior for those who want something more traditional. Not being a mouse user puts me at a disadvantage for having a feel for this kind of stuff.

yeah I understand that.
But not being able to make the mouse behave like you want is frustrating.
So I just gave up with eternity, even with its perfect v1.9 compatibility, but hopefully prboom has a mouse behavior that suits me and a perfect v1.9 compatibility.

In fact, if people want to adapt the mouse feel of some games, they just need to get a logitech or microsoft mouse driver and change the acceleration and sensibility.

What I did not like in eternity is it forces high acceleration... and I think we should let people choose what they want either thru the mouse driver or thru an in-game menu...

VinceDSS said:

I think cph heard about it, (...)
And it seem we both have WinXP... so it's might an OS problem. (...)

*niiiieeeet* False Answer ;)
It works flawlessly on my machine here.
(AMD K7-2000+, WinXPPro, 512 MB, GF3 from Medion)
Sooo, either you fucked up some libaries or you have a strange windows.
BTW: prboom isnt my favorite either, as with eternity as both lack hires. (Dont call 640x480 hires o.o )
BTW2: I cant download eternity :P
"Zeitüberschreitung beim Verbindungsaufbau" says my firebird....

So Long, The Werellion!

VinceDSS said:

they just need to get a logitech or microsoft mouse driver and change the acceleration and sensibility.

Haha. I love how you still use that word.

Bastet Furry said:

*niiiieeeet* False Answer ;)
Sooo, either you fucked up some libaries or you have a strange windows.
BTW: prboom isnt my favorite either, as with eternity as both lack hires. (Dont call 640x480 hires o.o )
BTW2: I cant download eternity :P
"Zeitüberschreitung beim Verbindungsaufbau" says my firebird....

So Long, The Werellion!

actually the problems are solved, I switched to prboom 2.2.4
the 2.3.0 is broken and is just a beta...

Bastet Furry said:

I don't know why guys really love to boast about their computer, their car or the size of their dick...
The more you boast about these things means the smaller is your weenie :)))

Btw I have the same config, but it's a laptop... not a desktop.. na na na !!

hehe sorry...

just having fun