Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weakmind

Where is the Caco? AND Does anyone know an contact information for id software

Hello my fellow doomers, i have to pose these two questions:

Is the Cacodemon in or out of Doom 3? (I would also like to see some off topic discussion about what it will look llike!!!)

AND, Does anyone at all here, know some contact information ( adress, e-mail, phone number.) for id software? I would realy like to get that info if possiable!!!

hope to get some posts!!!

Mastermind.
" Killing demons for over three years!"

Arioch said:

How do you know?

You might want to take your sarcasm detector into the shop...

It's really a given that the caco will be in Doom III.

I happen to have Willits' address and phone/fax number at id.
I was going to send them pizza for 12/10, but chickened out. :)

What do you need it for?

DEMOn said:

What do you need it for?

Maybe sending a huge list of important suggestions of things that must!!! be in Doom3 if the game should be succesful!!!!???

Tetzlaff said:

Maybe sending a huge list of important suggestions of things that must!!! be in Doom3 if the game should be succesful!!!!???

you are right... I also hope to get some info out of Carmik if possible, thoough that is doubtful

I recall hearing some bullshit a while back from a forumer on another forum about how the cacodemon won't be in doom 3 because "it won't go with the feel of the game. It's too slow". Christ almighty.

True the cacodemon isn't famous for being a fast beast, but it was famous for being nasty, one-eyed, big enough to block up thin corridors and annoying in groups or certain situations. Screw it's speed, it still gave doom the feel of fighting hellspawn. And if doom3 will have slow enemies like the zombies then they can squeeze in slow enemies like the caco too.

The caco's been in all the dooms. Ultimately you can't have a doom game without a caco. It's ridicolous.

BlueSonnet said:

I recall hearing some bullshit a while back from a forumer on another forum about how the cacodemon won't be in doom 3 because "it won't go with the feel of the game. It's too slow". Christ almighty.

True the cacodemon isn't famous for being a fast beast, but it was famous for being nasty, one-eyed, big enough to block up thin corridors and annoying in groups or certain situations. Screw it's speed, it still gave doom the feel of fighting hellspawn. And if doom3 will have slow enemies like the zombies then they can squeeze in slow enemies like the caco too.

The caco's been in all the dooms. Ultimately you can't have a doom game without a caco. It's ridicolous.

Also, there should be nothing wrong in making the Caco slightly faster - Hell, the tentacle commando moves considerably faster than the chaingunner from Doom 2.

Nah, the Caco will probably be back in Doom 3 - I can't see why it shouldn't be.

Job said:

You might want to take your sarcasm detector into the shop...

a) that wasn't sarcastic enough to trip my detector because
b) with the idiotic preconceived notions around here one can never tell

Mastermind said:

I also hope to get some info out of Carmik if possible, thoough that is doubtful

id Software normally doesn´t give away much information during development process, and they don´t want to be bothered with loads of curious fan mail. Even in the official magazine interviews they aren´t very talkative about details of the game content.

About the Cacodemon, it hasn´t been seen yet in one of the demonstrations and wasn´t mentioned in interviews. But that does not mean that there is no Caco.

I haven't seen any in-game pictures of the cyberdemon or the spidermastermind, but that doesn't mean they won't be in it. It's the same with the cacodemon -- it's just as integral to Doom as the cyberdemon or spidermastermind. It wouldn't be quite Doom without any of those monsters, so why would they remove any from the original formula that won them such a wide fan base?

I know, i havent seen the Cybe or the SM either, i just hope that the Caco is in, becuase it is one of the creatures that made doom what it is. And i won't send fan mail to id, just some questions.

For the record, the Cyberdemon is confirmed as being in.

Mastermind: Don't bother sending questions about Doom 3 to Id - I suggest you rather leave them alone so they can finish Doom 3 instead.

Man, I sure do wish I could meet Mr. Carmikle. Shucks! I don't want to see any pics of Baron, Caco, Spider, Cybie. That would completely ruin meeting them ingame imo. I have to say, to some degree all the screenies released have decreased my anticipation slightly. I almost feel we've seen too much. I know that there is know way of knowing what will all be in the game, but being a fan of doom since '95, actually playing D3 and stumbling across the incarnations of the demons I so enjoyed would have been much more . . . you know. 'Like whoa, what's that fucked up bull/bulldog monstrosity chewing on my arm? Wait! Its the pinkie! Awwww. . . . cute lil' ... OH DEAR MERCIFUL MOTHER OF GOD IT HURTS!' --or something like that has not been rendered impossible by imp software. ; P

That was funny Scabbed Angel, and yes, it would be neet to meet Carmack, and his wife (or sister or who ever Adrian is) for an interview. I could always say that i work for Scholastic

Scabbed Angel said:

Heh. You want to score with his wife and daughter you bastard! ; ) Well, they are in Texas...

What!!!! that is sick, im only a kid!!!!!!

I think someone else said that there's files labeled 'Caco' in the Alpha leak, so for that reason, yes, the Cacodemon will probably be in Doom3.

I'm just worried what the caco may look like if they do decide to put it in D3. I'm sure they have designed it already but whether they want to put it in, is another matter. As someone has already said, all the monsters are very alien/humanoid looking so the caco may be difficult to convert into the general theme, i mean its a big red one eyed floating ball with horns, how freaky can we get :D

(I just hope they dont stick an engine type attachment on like they have for the lost soul, but if the caco does make the cut i hope the pain elemental wont be far behind). Pain elemental = most annoying enemie next to archvile.

Im pretty sure the cacodemon will be included. Hell, it's on the Doom title screen. Of course, it will be gray and brown in color.

Assmaster said:

Im pretty sure the cacodemon will be included. Hell, it's on the Doom title screen. Of course, it will be gray and brown in color.

Hmm.

Assmaster said:

Yeah, I think Doom64 had some influence in the Doom III version of the cacodemon. Though I'm not sure whether or not it will have arms.

I think we will see it in hell and not on Mars. I remember that in the latest article, they mentioned a floating monster in hell.

Coopersville said:

I think someone else said that there's files labeled 'Caco' in the Alpha leak, so for that reason, yes, the Cacodemon will probably be in Doom3.

Correction, there's a file, called "MONSTERS.DEF", that has a definition of that monster.

Unfortunatelly, since it isn't allowed to post anything from that alpha then I cannot post that file or the cacodemon part of it. Guess you have to take my word on it :)