Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Looking for Doomers At school,look no more.

Yea its kinda of dumb.But ive mainly gone to my school for the past 6 months basically,and still havent found 1 person who plays doom like Doomers really do.All i hear is the same old stuff u usually here.
1.Whats Doom?
2.Im All halo man.
3.Im all half life/tfc/cs
4.Im a console gamer only.
5.Doom Sucks! that such an old crappy graphics game.
6.John who?
7.Umm.....(takes two steps back and runs)

Which is why this thread is for
1.People ages 11-18(grades 6-12)
2.To help you know where ur doomers are
3.See if u go to the same school

Not everyone has to reveal their ADDRESS but maybe just ur school and state is fine.

Since im the only doomer at my school no harm at all.

1.Florida
2.East Ridge High School

Holy crap boy, you type like I used to. Try to put spaces after your punctuation and stuff. Also, line breaks are pretty cool, it's when instead of doing this :

1.Whats Doom?
2.Im All halo man.

You do this :

1.Whats Doom?

2.Im All halo man.

Also, it's I'm, not Im, kthx. Anyway, none of the idiots at my school play Doom because they are console gamers.

Speaking of which I got at least two people at my school playing Doom and one in preticular plays it a lot now, rather than how they used to play CS. :D I plan to warp the minds of others too, to form my elite force squad known as, The Cafeteria Tables. :D

I may have someone on the brink of getting him to play\like Doom, but I need to bend his mind towards it a little more...

I may get a girl I know to play Doom - she likes Wolf3d and never came across Doom before.

I told her about the premise of the game and she was most certainly interested in trying it out.

:-P

heh. Please tell me why a modern gamer should play Doom..!
No...really. What does Doom have over modern games?

My roomate doesn't like FPS's.
My friends are too addicted to Warcraft 3 to play anything else, though they respect DooM and might try it out again sometime in the next millenium if I keep bugging them.
The other people on this hallway either play racing/sports games on their console or Counterstrike and Day of Defeat on their computer.

Bah...

Shaviro said:

speed, fun factor, creativity.

actually most people where i go do like doom, when they first see it they immediately ask :ooooohhhhhh is that the (weapon name here) or oooh can't you use a chainsaw on that?" so doom is pretty good quality where i go.

I'm on my schools WebTeam, and they say Quake IIIs better. But they all used to play Doom (I think), they just don't play it anymore. The head of the webteam likes Doom, though, because I mentioned it, and he acted suprised in a good way.

EDIT:

1111 post!

Erik said:

speed, fun factor, creativity.

You get that with new games as well...alongside much better visuals and sound.

Grimm said:

Explain to me again why you're on Doomworld.

Because I like the game!?
I bet that if I hadn't played the game 10 years ago, I wouldn't love it today.

I have a friend who foolishly refuses to play retro games of any kind. We both have websites set up (check out my homepage). His is about Counter Strike, mine about Wolfenstein 3D (a Doom one is being made, don't worry) and we always argue over which games are better.

Surely if you love FPS modern games, you should appreciate how classics like Doom helped bring them about. Without Doom, there would surely be no Half Life and obviously no Counter - Strike.

We update our websites at about the same time to reflect our rivalry. It's kind of reminiscent of the never - ending battle between Blur and Oasis in England.

I hope one day he'll see sense...

moonspell said:

I have a friend who foolishly refuses to play retro games of any kind. We both have websites set up (check out my homepage). His is about Counter Strike, mine about Wolfenstein 3D (a Doom one is being made, don't worry) and we always argue over which games are better.

Surely if you love FPS modern games, you should appreciate how classics like Doom helped bring them about. Without Doom, there would surely be no Half Life and obviously no Counter - Strike.

We update our websites at about the same time to reflect our rivalry. It's kind of reminiscent of the never - ending battle between Blur and Oasis in England.

Your site needs some more images to be interesting.

Personally, I would like to see some big scans of the box covers (the box covers for games back then were usually more interesting than they are now imo)

Some animated gifs would be cool as well.

moonspell said:

Now I would hardly say HL or counterstrike are modern games. They are almost half as old as Doom.

I would like to add some box covers onto my site, but I don't own any, since I ordered Wolfenstein 3D and its spin - offs back in the early '90s. They arrived on my doorstep in ziplog bags.

mobygames.com have covers for all of the games, but they have the MobyGames logo printed on them, so that would be blatant stealing...

I am aware that Half Life is an old game now (six years), but it is still hyped so much, that it still seems new to me. Also, I couldn't find a suitable example of a truly modern game that has been inspired by Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, so Half Life came to mind.

Shaviro said:

Originality and history.