Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

No more SUPERRPG......

Last night, at about 9:30pm, my 60gb hd was totally corrupted. My only choice was to reformat it. Since I had no backups of superrpg anywhere, it's totally gone. I do not really want to restart on the project because I've been losing interest.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?

Did you have virus software? Parts of my hd were corrupted when I turned of my firewall software to use another program that does seem to work when the firewall's running. Then I found out I had the new blaster virus. ; (

I was running a recovery program to delete deleted items in the 'bin (not the recycle dir). Apperently the computer crashed and the drive got fucked up. So I had to reformat it.

Thank god it was my g:. If it was my c: drive i'd be dead.

the very foundation of my hopes and dreams has crumbled and fallen away

god damnit this sucks. really, im not bein sarcastic i was lookin forward to it. sounded like a cool game. :(

Ichor said:

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they have made backups."

I'm a backup freak... I make a backup of my map every couple of hours. It is my first map though, and I make mistakes often.

Just the other day I was wondering how you were doing with this RPG... Sucks to hear that it is gone.

You should make a new RPG where you are on a quest to steal a magical tape drive from an evil magnetic disturbance type creature. The game's unit of currency could be sectors (one cent), clusters (one dollar), and cylinders (50 dollars), or something like that.

Oh man, does this mean I no longer get to be the random guy that turns up and you punch out! Noooooooooooooooo

That's bad luck.

But but but but...I used my boyish good looks to pry myself in! I feel like I wasted myself!

/me weeps

...Anyone up for a MondoRpg or perhaps a SuperDeeDuperRpg? :D

Danarchy said:

If I were a Christian, I'd say it was an act of God.

"If there IS a God, may he strike this hard drive dead!

See? Didn't happen!"

You should've backed up, cockmunch.

No great loss either.

damn. dingus khan and i even did the theme song.

BlackFish said:

I was running a recovery program to delete deleted items in the 'bin (not the recycle dir). Apperently the computer crashed and the drive got fucked up. So I had to reformat it.

Thank god it was my g:. If it was my c: drive i'd be dead.

Heh. Thanks to drive corruption on my comp, I also have G and C. I boot from G: and that's caused a fuckload of problems.

Melfice said:

Sorry to hear that blackfish :( All that wasted time for nothing *sighs*

It sucks that all his work is gone but I wouldn't say all the work he did was a waste of time because he must've learned something from the process I would think. Anyways sorry to hear your drive died and your big project got nuked. I know how pissed off I would be if my big project went out like that. Ugh. Everybody says you should back shit up when something like this happens, but most of us put it off until tomorrow, myself included. I burn my maps onto 2 CD RW's that I alternate but I haven't done that in a month. :/