Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusNukeage

help me i'm having some technical difficulties

I have a system running windows XP professional and I don’t hear the music in doom doom2 or final doom, I do however hear all the sound effects; And even running it in any of the compatibility modes dosen’t help

Hmm. that sucks.

Prboom really isn't complicated, you can just download and run it. All of the settings are optional, the only one you might want to disable straight away is the new HUD.

//Edit: Hmm, your definitely right - Eternity does seem to be down.

The music should be fine in any Windows port (e.g. prboom, eternity, legacy, zdoom, jdoom).

I imagine the Eternity download problem is just temporary - try again a bit later.

Prboom is really simple. Just extract all the files into your Doom2 folder and substitute prboom or glboom for doom2 in your command line. (Or give it its own folder and copy your iwads to it - whatever you prefer.) The only complicated thing is if you don't like the default compatibility options. For a quick way to make it play like Doom2.exe, add "-complevel 0" into your command line.

Mancubus.net is gonna be down for a while, so no Eternity downloads until it's back :/ I don't think Doomworld ever mirrored the latest version (they're still on something like beta 2 ::hisses like a vampire at the mention of it::). And even if they did, you'd have to contend with 3D Downloads to get ahold of it. Doomworld needs a better file server :P