Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Doomers by Location

This is kinda confusing, as countries like US and Canada appear in the same rows as continents like Europe.

Start with continents, then countries, then regions like states/provinces/counties/etc

England doesn't really have to be nested under UK/GB

• Earth
    [**]Europe
    [***]England
    [****]Kent
    [*****]DooMAD

Also, this should be posted on other Doom boards to make sure we include everyone.

Ultraviolet said:

As far as "Greater Manchester" and "South Gloucestershire" go, I NEED to know if those are political boundaries or are you just calling them by geographical offset?

They're counties (like US states in terms of geography, but without the different laws between them etc.) and they generally do appear on a map, yes. (although north, south etc. divisions don't always appear)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

They're counties (like US states in terms of geography, but without the different laws between them etc.) and they generally do appear on a map, yes. (although north, south etc. divisions don't always appear)

I'm not sure about South Gloucestershire, but yes they're counties.

Ultraviolet said:

As far as "Greater Manchester" and "South Gloucestershire" go, I NEED to know if those are political boundaries or are you just calling them by geographical offset?

Yes, South Gloucestershire (created in April 1996) has a clearly defined boundary. Greater Manchester is also a genuine county, though longer established.

Replacing "Great Britain" with "England" on the list would be a lot more factually and geographically correct :)

Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales

United Kingdom = Same as GB, plus Northern Ireland

British Isles: Same as the UK, plus the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

EDIT: Oh BTW, Brighton should be under UK/Englad/Sussex/ (i.e. Sussex should be the same level as Hampshire, Linolnshire, etc)

UV: maybe I could stop by sometime... if the MPs let me....
    I live in Scottsdale more specifically if you want to change the ersten post.

• Earth
    [**]South America
    [***]Brazil
    [****]Rio Grande do Sul
    [*****]Porto Alegre
    [******]FragMan!

HA! I bet nobody else in Brazil!

Ultraviolet said:

As far as "Greater Manchester" and "South Gloucestershire" go, I NEED to know if those are political boundaries or are you just calling them by geographical offset? If that political boundary doesn't exist, don't name it. If it doesn't say like "Greater Manchester" and "Lower Manchester" and "North Gloucestershire" and "South Gloucestershire" on the MAP then don't name it. I need to know this for the sake of alphebetization. Thank you.

Updating shortly. I have as far as this post in my personal copy of the list, which I will post shortly.

OPULENT: My specific location is now in the table. It is about an hour south of Tucson.

Greater Manchester is a county in England, part of boundry changes, it WAS part of Lancashire but is now it's own county.

• earth
    [**]united states of america
    [***]missouri
    [****]noel
    [*****]pregnant with worms/jute gyte

Erm...whats with these asterixes?

• Earth
    [**]USA
    [***]Washington
    [****]Bremerton*
    [*****]Danarchy

*Though my postal code is Bremerton, I'm a bit closer to Silverdale, and on a global scale, you probably wouldn't find either, and would have to settle for Seattle or Tacoma. Just put Bremerton for now. It's cooler than Silverdale.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

My county doesn't even exist anymore. (so call it what you will)

PRUSSIA!?

• Earth
    [**]Matrix
    [***]Earth
    [****]Europe
    [*****]northern Europe
    [******]Finland
    [*******]South Finland
    [********]Hämeenlinna
    [*********]DooMer 4ever

*Planet Earth
    **South America
    ***Brazil
    ****State of São Paulo
    *****City of Piracicaba
    ******Meeeee!!!

FragMan! said:

HA! I bet nobody else in Brazil!

Ha indeed! Sorry man, you´re wrong! =) And there´s that Bruno Virgílio guy too.

Erik said:

omfg... was that nokturnus, mapping legend extraordinare?

Yeah, the author of the great carnage called 'Demonized'! Great surprise he´s from Peru.

• Preliumtarn
    [**]Sevorbeupstry
    [***]Great Red Plain of Rars
    [****]Quentulus Quazgar Mountains
    [*****]ravage

Christ, more of you bastards live in Ohio than I originally anticipated. Maybe Cyb is right...

Earth/North America/USA/Ohio/Dayton