Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Legacy Vs Zdoom,Texture Alignment

Ahem.
Im currently working on a Secret undercover map(dont want to reveal it allthough many people believe its great).Now the main reason this thread is being opened is for this.
I have tested my map(Ultimate Doom) with two engines.
1.In legacy mode,Some of my textures have repeats right next to them or align wrongly.
2.In Zdoom mode,I experience no problems.

My question is,Is it the way im mapping that causes this,or does legacy just suck?

I was having this same problem too actually. Turned out ZDBSP was causing it. It seems to do something with the level that renders correctly with ZDoom but not with anything else.

Maybe not. I see a similar problem in my ZDoom maps when i play them in Eternity. I use standard BSP 5.0 I think it has something to do with the SP auto-cropping textures to a specific size interval.

I think I know what you mean. Any node builder stores a texture offset in any seg it creates. Apparently this value is wrong occasionally but most source ports still use it for rendering. ZDoom doesn't use it and therefore doesn't have any problem with it.
I have seen this effect occasionally but it wasn't specific to any particular node builder.

Espi said:

I was having this same problem too actually. Turned out ZDBSP was causing it. It seems to do something with the level that renders correctly with ZDoom but not with anything else.

oh, that's what's going on. /me switches back to zennode.

Ultraviolet said:

Yay, ZDoom wins!

More like ZDBSP fails. I never had this error with any other nodebuilder I've used.

Espi said:

More like ZDBSP fails. I never had this error with any other nodebuilder I've used.

Yes, there's definitely a problem with ZDBSP. I was able to find a level which also experienced texture alignment problems after being rebuilt with ZDBSP. It doesn't seem to be general, however, as apparently only isolated linedefs are affected.