Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

I love Hexen, dammit.

I love Hexen, dammit. If you've never tried it, you should, and love it, too.

uhh.. Doom.

I'm kinda ticked that someone asked for warez on the other thread about Hexen. I had things to say!

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

What the heck is with these new avatars? They're scaring me.
*cuddles up with shotgun*

Heretic was worthy of being shunned IMO.

Hexen was the start of something good, but not great.

Hexen 2 kicked major ass, blowing both Heretic and Hexen out of the water.

No comment about Heretic 2.

Hexen 2 didn't have anything on Heretic or Hexen except that you could destroy the entire first episode.

Lüt, apparently you haven't read the Chronicle of Deeds that came with Hexen 2. In it, it mentions:

D'Sparil

The Heretic elf (the game came out before Heretic 2, so no name was given)

Korax

Cronos

Baratus

Daedolon

Parias

Of course not the mention the beginning cinema sequence mentioning some of the aforementioned as well.

What the heck is with these new avatars? They're scaring me.
*cuddles up with shotgun*

Heh, you missed Ling's upload day, when we could all upload new avatars. Lüt went a little crazy with the Cliff Yablonski pictures from something awful.

Hexen is good, I suggest you try the addon: deathkings of the dark citadel, it makes things a little more interesting.

Not saying that the game isn't interesting enough, but the addon is worth getting.

I liked Heretic better then both Hexens. As for Hexen 2, aside from graphical advances, and, like Lüt said, the enviornmental interactivity, Hexen 2 doesn't really come off as much better then Hexen 1 and Heretic.

I uninstalled Hexen after the 2nd day. The dark forest episode got annoying after it became endless backtracking looking for keys/switches. It reminded me of why I began to eschew sp years ago for botmatches. Very well-crafted game, but the scavenger-hunting got old fast.

I uninstalled Hexen after the 2nd day. The dark forest episode got annoying after it became endless backtracking looking for keys/switches. It reminded me of why I began to eschew sp years ago for botmatches. Very well-crafted game, but the scavenger-hunting got old fast.

You just have to pay attention, and you won't have to backtrack. I swear, my first time through the Seminary... it took me forever to find that switch behind the trees in the small couryard kinda place... and I didn't find everything in the storage-room lookin level with all the bishops (forgot name) the first 3 times through...

i love that game so goddamn much, i wrote a song entitled the heretic, its pretty cool , but thats not saying much coming from me. its neo-classical power metal...well i think all power metal is neo-classical but whatever. anywho, im trying to start a band called hexen, and play stuff like iron maiden and blind guardian. i remember i frst had the idea to start the band last year, i knew exactly what i wanted it to sound like, then i heard time stands sill by blind guardian and was amazed, it was exactly what i wanted to sound like. ...the end?

Lüt, apparently you haven't read the Chronicle of Deeds that came with Hexen 2. In it, it mentions:

blah blah blah

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about gameplay, level design, ingenuity, fun factor, etc. Not the storyline, although each did have good storylines. Yeah Hexen 2 obviously had a more advanced engine but the levels themselves weren't very good in terms of making use of it like they did in Hexen and even Heretic. Hexen 2's engine being able to use multiple floors and slopes doesn't make the game any more enjoyable or moody unless true 3D is your fetish.

I uninstalled Hexen after the 2nd day. The dark forest episode got annoying after it became endless backtracking looking for keys/switches.

Damn, you gotta get your head checked. Shadow Wood is one of the best masterpieces ever created with the Doom engine.

I uninstalled Hexen after the 2nd day. The dark forest episode got annoying after it became endless backtracking looking for keys/switches.

Damn, you gotta get your head checked. Shadow Wood is one of the best masterpieces ever created with the Doom engine.[/quote]I agree. Especially when it comes to the Darkmere.

[/quote]Damn, you gotta get your head checked. Shadow Wood is one of the best masterpieces ever created with the Doom engine.[/quote]Damn straight. That Hub was the most fun of any of em', especially Wasteland. And Caves of Circe

Actually, I just got back in touch with Hexen recently, and now it's better than ever!

I'm on Zaldron's side: Darkmere was the best level, nice and foggy.

Heh...I'm reminded of the time I found my old heretic disks and installed them not to long ago. After that I went to id.com to download an upgrade. Imagine my surprise when it installed two brand new episodes! Wheeeee!

...anyways, all the heretic/hexen games r0x0r

the Hexen series rocks, 'nuff said...But I like Hexen II better with the levelling-up system...and busticating everything...that was good too, but I thought you could do that in Hexen I, too...well, at least the trees.

Yeah, Hexen was a good game. Especially the deathmatch. But Hexen II with the expansion pack beat Hexen 1 because in Hexen II with Add-on Pack was better though. I mean, you just can't beat five different classes integrated into the game. It made for an interesting experience to be five different classes in the game. Sure Team Fortress and stuff has different classes, but this was the regular dm mode man. Team Fortress was a MOD!