Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

In order for DOOM 3 to claim its place as the #1 game it should have

Alt fire: Cause some guns can do more than one thing.

Randomization: It could be turned on or off as a command line, then customized ingame.

Other shit: It should come with other ID games like Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Final DOOM and the Master Levels/Maximun DOOM.

Tons of new stuff: We want new stuff along with old stuff. Like new monsters along side the Imp or Baron.

Inventory: I think the marine has a place for a stimpack somewhere if he can carry all those guns.

NO GODDAMN FLYING!!!!: I just dont like it, its gay and should not be in DOOM 3.

Jumping/Crouching: In real life you can duck and jump so why not in DOOM 3.

Looking around: Same as above but change looking around with duck and jump.

Goodies: Desktop themes, CD tracks, the DOOM midis in mp3 format and other good stuff.

Make it DOOMish: I dont want to feel Quake when playing DOOM. Make it like DOOM but better.

Dont just call it DOOM 3: That shows lack of imagination. Give it a catchy title.

Well thats just my 2 cents...how the fuck do you make the cents symbol???

Now that thats outta the way, what do you guys think would make DOOM 3 kick ass?

A steel-toed b00t covered in cement(SP?).

Not exactly what I had in mind...

Here's what shit I think it should come with.

- An excellent mod switcher (like in Half-Life, just go into custom game, select the mod, and activate. I hate Unreal Tourney's way of selecting mods. Most of the time it involves switching certain mutators to "on")

- Bots (Intelligent bots, right outa the box)

- Deathmatch, CTF, Harvester, Assault, etc maps. Lots of em. It aint too hard.

- Lots of custom models

- An in game Jukebox to play mp3's while gibing in single or multiplayer (Duke Forever, and Rocket Arena 3 have it, why not Doom 3?)

- All the classic Doom, and Wolfenstien games! And include the Mac(also jaguar) version of Wolf 3d, it had better gfx. Oh and haveing a pc version of Doom 64 wouldn't be bad either :D

- A kewl Doom 3 Poster, make it big and kewl

NO RELOADING! Reloading, especially for a game like Doom, gets in the way of all the fragging. i love firing 600 cells in a row from the plasma rifle without reloading. It rocks.

Deathmatch, CTF, Harvester, Assault, etc maps. Lots of em. It aint too hard.

I'm pretty sure this is not going to happen. id are concentrating on single player, and it's certainly not going to be an ideal game for CTF or other modes of play with loads of players.

A kewl Doom 3 Poster, make it big and kewl

Oh YES. Hmmm... decoration...

NO RELOADING! Reloading, especially for a game like Doom, gets in the way of all the fragging. i love firing 600 cells in a row from the plasma rifle without reloading. It rocks.

Sorry, plateface. This game is supposed to be more realistic and slow-paced than the originals, so it's pretty evident there will be reloading.

Reloading all the way! I can't get used to games these days that don't have reloading.

What is there to say? From the few screenshots we have seen, we know the atmosphere is going to be great. I'm hoping that the soundtrack is more ambience than music... or at least have it only come in at certain times (like in HL). Realistic objectives would be nice. Id faintly touched on this in Quake 2, but that was a long time ago, and I think they will do much better in Doom 3.

Easy mod changing is a must. HL's system is too easy to use not be embraced by more games, and Q3 had something similar, if I'm not mistaken. Also the easy mutiplay screen (HL and RTCW) would be wonderful.

And as we all know, nothin says lovin like a butt-load of extras. A poster would be great, extra (classic) games would be great (but with the release of Collectors Doom, I doubt it would happen). One thing I would love to see is a DVD version (or a 2 CD set) that would include interviews with the guys at id, concept art, a 'making of' documentary, and all the released footage so we can see how the game progressed through it's development (yeah, most of these ideas I got from the Akira collectors addition). Anything extra would be great.

Finally, Doom 3 should be easy to mod for. From what I have heard mentioned around here this shouldn't be a problem. One of the reasons that Doom has lasted so long is that so many people can make levels/TC's/and MOD's for it. Including this in Doom 3 is a must.

Flathead(tm): THE GOOGLY-EYED-WIGGLY-WORM

You think your harbours are safe, but they won't be safe forever. Your eyes shall be blinded by the weight of my divisions, and all you have accomplished shall be destroyed forever.

Flathead(tm): THE GOOGLY-EYED-WIGGLY-WORM

You think your harbours are safe, but they won't be safe forever. Your eyes shall be blinded by the weight of my divisions, and all you have accomplished shall be destroyed forever.

Don't force me to send up my 00mpa-L00mpa air force again.

I'm pretty sure this is not going to happen. id are concentrating on single player, and it's certainly not going to be an ideal game for CTF or other modes of play with loads of players.

Well, that doesn't mean multiplayer will be neglected. In Duke Forever, they are focusing on single player, but they also promised a strong multiplayer focus with different game modes. As is the same with Unreal 2. They are going to have more multiplayer modes than even Unreal Tournament.

(/me posts so I dont disappear)

Yeah, UT has alt.fire so DOOM 3 should ahve it just to be that much better - I just dont want to see any of this 4-weapon $hite that Hexen had, I dont care how many alt.fires you slap on a weapon, you need at least 10 weapons (no more than 20 tho, and all must be different from each other, some may be related but that's it, and no redundancies).

You can have three shotguns - one that fires special shells, one that fires moderatly fast, and one that delivers a heavy blow but is abit slow (no more of this break-down barrel crap - doesnt make sense, Id just rather have a 8ga or 10ga shotgun than a double-barrel 12 ga...besides, Q2's shotgun set the pace for clip-fed double-barrels.)

I want alot of the old monsters back + new ones, but I dont want them to look hardly anything like the old ones.

There definatly sohuld be flying but only in a limited few scenes (areas)... its one thing I missed from Q1 to Q2 (q2 dont have flying for the player character).

There should be lots of powerups - moreso than the original (maybe mega-skill [makes you get chicks 4x as fast... uh, no], makes it easier to aim [autoaim within a certain degree amount from the target... shotgun spreads are tighter too], your projectiles go twice as fast, and you fire twice as fast.)

Hmm...where is poison-pog?

I moved him to the polls forum.

Thank god. Lets just hope he doesnt figure out how to emulate your "test" thread...

Alt fire: Cause some guns can do more than one thing.

I agree, but I´m not sure if just some weapons should have alt fire. If some weapons have alt fire but some other don´t have it, it feels unsatisfiyng (click...click..cklick...you know?) But it´s not easy to find reasonable alt fires for all weapon types (for example: chaingun).

Randomization: It could be turned on or off as a command line, then customized ingame.

What does that mean? That you have random enemies?

Other shit: It should come with other ID games like Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Final DOOM and the Master Levels/Maximun DOOM.

LOL...those old rough pixeled games where you can´t look up or down and your enemies are 2D sprites look like a joke compared with the new Doom. They were great games at this time, but they look bad side by side with Doom3.

Tons of new stuff: We want new stuff along with old stuff. Like new monsters along side the Imp or Baron.

Agreed!

Inventory: I think the marine has a place for a stimpack somewhere if he can carry all those guns.

Yes

NO GODDAMN FLYING!!!!: I just dont like it, its gay and should not be in DOOM 3.

Do you think iD will come up with that stupid idea?

Jumping/Crouching: In real life you can duck and jump so why not in DOOM 3.

In real shooters you can duck and jump, so why do you even mention that?

Looking around: Same as above but change looking around with duck and jump.

Yes

Goodies: Desktop themes, CD tracks, the DOOM midis in mp3 format and other good stuff.

good idea, but I would like remixes of the Doom midis better

Make it DOOMish: I dont want to feel Quake when playing DOOM. Make it like DOOM but better.

Look at the screenshots!

Dont just call it DOOM 3: That shows lack of imagination. Give it a catchy title.

id software never called it "Doom 3", so I think they will find a different name (well, it should at least have "Doom" in it ;)

Well thats just my 2 cents...how the fuck do you make the cents symbol???

don´t know...here´s an Euro €

:p

Why people keeps hoping for a DooM/DooM II/Final/Master pack inside DooM3?

Afterall, you own them all already :P

Why people keeps hoping for a DooM/DooM II/Final/Master pack inside DooM3?

Afterall, you own them all already :P

For all the people who buy the game cause its new.

Hmm...where is poison-pog?

I moved him to the polls forum.

Thank god. Lets just hope he doesnt figure out how to emulate your "test" thread...

I don't think he even knows how to get into the polls forum.

They won't play those old silly games, BBG, believe me. It's a waste of precious space that could be used for extra resources...

what do you guys think would make DOOM 3 kick ass?

the n00b influx. i'm dead sure mac is heavily workin in making his coffee stronger.