Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Illdo

When you met the Archie for the first time...

Lutrov71 said:

I'm surprised you can remember all that! Hahaha.

I remember the exact movements I used in many places the first time I played Doom. Oddly.

All I remember about Doom when I first played it, (I was about 6 years old) is being scared shitless and turning it off straight away.

Lutrov71 said:

All I remember about Doom when I first played it, (I was about 6 years old) is being scared shitless and turning it off straight away.

First time I played it, I was too young to get scared.

Second time, I was too engrossed to get scared.

Third time, the scariness kicked in :P

Back when I was playing Doom at the wee age of 4, I used to play E2 more often then any of the other episodes. Dunno why.

Lutrov71 said:

Wuss, Doom ain't scary :-P

i saw a pick of the archie in doom3. the archie now has a tail!
but it kinda looks cooler in doom3

as for the first time i met him: i ran out the doom bouilding and started blastiing at hime through the vent, while he did the same to me whith his spell.

dsm said:

Wuss, Doom ain't scary :-P

It's scary how I addicted I am to it.

When I first saw the Archvile, at my friend's house (I don't have Doom 2 yet) I thought "what the hell is THAT?" I got freaked out when it was using its fire attack. Even worse I found it scary when it started reviving Imps and Demons that was just killed. :(

P.S. Have you seen Mr. Pink???

OOH, a centipede! (Lip Smack)

Arch-Viles can never revive other Arch-Viles. I considered that possibility back in the beginning, but now I know better.

No, it's in the code. Arch-Viles can revive anything except Cyberdemons, Spiderdemons, other Arch-Viles, and Lost Souls (I probably missed one). The real problem is if they happen to revive a crushed monster. That is some serious...fun.

They can walk through walls and the only way to kill them is explosion damage from a rocket (not the rocket itself). You really don't want to have a couple of Baron of Hell ghosts after you when you're out of rockets.

I know, but they can only be revived if they were crushed, so I didn't include it.

Even though they'd constantly revived monsters, I'd blow them away 'til the Archvile dies. That would be fun, yet life-risking. Pain Elementals are as the most annoying things in my opinion. Whoops!! whaddya know gotta go! see ya tommorow!

Ichor said:

Arch-Viles can never revive other Arch-Viles.

Ichor said:

No, it's in the code. Arch-Viles can revive anything except Cyberdemons, Spiderdemons, other Arch-Viles, and Lost Souls (I probably missed one). The real problem is if they happen to revive a crushed monster. That is some serious...fun.

Actually, they can. Use a dehacked patch and give them a respawn frame. No matter what respawn frame you give them, they'll always respawn as themselves. That is, you may see an archvile's respawn frame as a revenant getting up but it'll turn back into an archvile as soon as it starts moving.

hehe,

I used to only have doom64 as my doom, so no archie... blah, that sucks. yeah, pity me, please, pity me.... :( :( pity me!!!!@!!! ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought that they would impossible to kill and I was always scared of them, but recently they don't bother me.

Just, yeah. I met archie and I said "yo, where's jughead? and get his ass out here, he has hamburgers to eat, and yeah"

I like appIes.

Jonmoogle said:

I was scared of them for a while. Then I started playing hell revealed 2...

Go play Final Doom: Plutonia - "Hunted" and you'll never look at archviles the same way again.