Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimN

Morrowind PC

OK. For all you hardcore Morrowind players out there I would like to know about all your rare encounters and harh to find places you have found on you travels in the game. Also any tip. I'm not looking for cheats. I know were to find those. You can tell me about these to:

Tribunal
Bloodmoon

And if you have this "The Elder Scroll Constuction Set" let me know how you have been using it. What have you done with it sofar.

Plus if you have any cool screen shots YOU took of this game try to post them here.

Hard encounter: Gaenor. You can find that wood elf easily in Tribunal, he'll try to rip you off for a metric ton of gold, and then come back in full ebony armor to kick your ass.

Hmm, another one, let's see. Thauraver in Bloodmoon. He's a bounty hunter that you'll find in an ice cave, massacring escaped slaves. Kill him for nearly a full set of glass armor (minus shield).

Aside from killing Divays Fyr, you can also get a daedric pauldron from Bloodmoon, and a matching one from Tribunal. There should be another 2 or 3 loose sets of pauldrons elsewhere, but one of the pairs isn't loaded into the game and I haven't taken a look for the other pairs yet.

Best set of daedric armor and greaves would be from Therana. Do her ash yam quest and she gives you constant effect Feather enchanted armor and greaves, which cut your load down by 50 pounds each.

Tribunal has some pretty neat stuff. There's a side quest where you have to find and kill this totally insane woman and liberate her (awesome) treasure. You'll see a sewer entrance in her house by a dead High Ordinator ... just follow the sewer and bring plenty of water breathing potions, and also have your sneak skill high up there--you'll need it.

xbox morrowind player here, so no screens or mods

non-goty, so no tribunal or bloodmoon

tip? here's some shiat i know so far:
a high alchemy skill translates roughly into 'free money',
don't put athletics in major or minor skills,
in fact, generally avoid training major and minor skills,
khajiit merchants will buy your drugs usually,
and fast travel is for the weak.

OK I'll remember that. I have an XBox to. The first time I played it was on my XBox. My thumbs still heart from keying the cheats in over and over again during game play. I had rented the game from BlockBuster video one week and got hooked. It was a high dollar game at the time so I never got around to buying it. Just last week I found This combo pack for Morrowind with everything I listed above for just $30.00 . I jumped on it.

Do you guys own your own PC. If so what kind of video card are you using?

I have the PC version of the game. I restarted Morrowind with a Thief-Archer custom class and have as of yet to complete the main quest. Have both Tribunal and BloodMoon installed and have only touched a bit of both expansions with my first character... Gonna do all that stuff with the new guy.

As far as the construction set goes I made a stronghold beneath Balmora that is accessed from a trap door set in the dirt beneath the Silt strider ramp. I put in a crapload of tables and crates to store all my crap in. :)

I hear that if you put your items in chests or crates, they may disappear after a period of time, but if you leave them lying in the open, they're guaranteed to stay there forever.

Also, I can't believe that the last time I played that game was before I had any idea what System.out.println was.

Depends on which chests or crates.

And if you leave your items out in an "outside" cell it's liable to disappear quickly. Items in interior cells generally seem to stick.

Liam the Bard said:

xbox morrowind player here, so no screens or mods

non-goty, so no tribunal or bloodmoon

tip? here's some shiat i know so far:
a high alchemy skill translates roughly into 'free money',
don't put athletics in major or minor skills,
in fact, generally avoid training major and minor skills,
khajiit merchants will buy your drugs usually,
and fast travel is for the weak.

Do you know of a good place I could hawk my 2000 gp amulet? I want to make/buy some new spells.

Well, there's a creature called a creeper (I think) in the Orc mansion in Caldera. He has 5000 gold and will pay full value for anything.

Arioch said:

Or you can go find the mudcrab merchant, who has a 10k cap instead of 5k.

Where about can I find him?

Oh and I have some really valuable stuff that I'll probably never use, including a 36k sword. Any place I can get rid of these for a good price?

zarkyb said:
Where about can I find him?

Directly east of Vivec, on one of the small islands surrounding that Dwemer ruin (forgot its name). It looks like a mudcrab, obviously.

Oh and I have some really valuable stuff that I'll probably never use, including a 36k sword. Any place I can get rid of these for a good price?

The mudcrab's 10K is the highest upper cash limit you can find, or so I'm told. But you can buy cheaper stuff from him so he ups his 10K, then sell him your more expensive items... then wait 24 hours for his purse to reset to 10K and resell the cheaper items. Of course, it's a pain to sell off your loot that way.

Those stupid guards in Vivec always attack me (probably because I'm wearing their armor) so I've littered heaps and heaps of their armor all over that city. I haven't quite figured out how to Recall myself, so moving that stuff over is very tiresome.

Mordeth said:

Of course, it's a pain to sell off your loot that way.

Those stupid guards in Vivec always attack me (probably because I'm wearing their armor) so I've littered heaps and heaps of their armor all over that city. I haven't quite figured out how to Recall myself, so moving that stuff over is very tiresome.

I didn't noticed if it was in the original game but when I installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon I noticed the max sale button which automaticly change the sell value to the merchants limit. About recall, you need to use the Mark spell in front of the merchant and when your full you Recall to your Mark spot.

In ebonheart there's a cave just around the big castle in the water which leads to the Lord's mail armor which is better than the Daedric armor IIRC. Also in bloodmoon sometimes people drop some equipement that has a better def than ebony and weigth 2 times less.

For rare items there are FAQs that tells the location (most of them are shrines missions).

Darkstalker said:
In ebonheart there's a cave just around the big castle in the water which leads to the Lord's mail armor which is better than the Daedric armor IIRC.

Yes, I'm wearing it. Should have said: wearing those guards' gear except for the body armor :)

I've played Morrowind for a few days up until level 36 or so. But I don't have much inclination to go back to it, although I've only ventured around the south part of Morrowind. Tiresome interface, horrible quest log, pretty barren world (especially when compared to Gothic2, which I've finished twice).

Gothic has horrible controls and the interface blows IMHO. I was told Gothic II was the same so I kept away from it. Meh.

I would have continued my diehard Morrowind ways, if only the game had a decent renderer (i.e. gave more than 30 fps on a goddamn GeForce3), and better physics, and some FREAKING MULTIPLAYER.

DC

Doom Dude said:
Gothic has horrible controls and the interface blows IMHO. I was told Gothic II was the same so I kept away from it. Meh.

I laugh in your general direction.

There should be a "summon Ducati" spell in Morrowind, because I'm sick of having to walk around everywhere at a minimum pace. Sure, the boats and silt riders help, but not that much, since there are obviously places they can't navigate. Not only that, but the walk speed is atrocious. Or maybe Bretons and Imperials are meant to walk like they're constantly slipping on their own shit.

Try getting used to that speed, and THEN return to Doom. Suddenly the Doom player's speed feels like you're rocketing yourself around, slamming yourself into walls all the time... A guaranteed "WTF I don't remember it being like that" moment :)

Bah, Lord's Mail sucks. Get the Cuirass of the Saviour's Hide.

Also, snag that pair of Boots of Blinding Speed. A Breton with the Cuirass will suffer none of the negative effects of the Boots, and even if you're not a Breton you will still be fairly well protected from those aforementioned negative effects.

The Boots of Blinding Speed give a +200 bonus to the Speed attribute.

Failing all of that, go complete the Bloodmoon quests and just roam around as a werewolf all the time. Make sure your transformations are done well away from civilization, though.

Which sign is your favorite? Everyone seems to like Atronach, but stunted magicka sucks. I'd much rather have chosen The Mage or Apprentice.

The Lady

+25 Personality and +25 Endurance is nothing to scoff at. I'm playing an Apprentice right now and the personality I don't have is a serious serious hamper to my usual strategy. On the other hand, Breton + Apprentice can hit 300 point magicka pool, so that's nothing to shake a fist at either.

Otherwise I'd suggest either a Nord + Lady combination or Orc + Warrior combination. Either of those have decent potential.