Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

Demon Cybernetics

If Hell was able to spawn all kinds of Hell-spawn, many of which defied natural laws, how did Hell create cybernetic demons? Hell would have to possess at least some technology to incorporate the cybernetics into their hell-spawn.

Another interesting question, what would the cybernetic demons, the Mancubii, Arachnotrons, Revenants, Spiderdemon Masterminds and Cyberdemons, be like without their cybernetics? Perhaps the Mastermind was a floating brain-like demon, related to the Cacodemon, and the Cyberdemon was a higher-ranked version of the Baron of Hell. The Mancubus' non-cybernetic version could be a useless thing in which damned spirits were instilled. Imagine the horror of being a Mancubus! I'm not very good at drawing these monsters, so I'll just stick with the idea...

Terra-jin said:

If Hell was able to spawn all kinds of Hell-spawn, many of which defied natural laws, how did Hell create cybernetic demons? Hell would have to possess at least some technology to incorporate the cybernetics into their hell-spawn.

Good question and good topic - let's post our fan fic'y ideas on how come the demons suddenly end up all cybernetic.

My latest idea was one I got from Doom 3 (the pinky and lost soul becoming cybernetic all of a sudden):
Notice how the space station (in classic Doom and mentioned as being in D3 as well) gradually gets "hellified" by the reality of Hell - Hell is slowly, but steadily creeping into our universe, turning our environments into Hell environments.

I'd imagine that correspondingly, Hell could be affected by our reality as well (in classic Doom, there were space station textures in Hell). My idea is that since the baddies in Doom are demons and demons are usually said to possess supernatural powers, wouldn't it make sense to assume that the demons quite simply got spawned together with human tech?
Like, Hell's reality warps human tech together with a part of Hell and it warps into a cybernetic demon.

Or demons mutated together with human tech, incorporating the technology into themselves.

Quite simply: it's Hell, it's chaotic.

Little Faith said:

Well, they did suck Deimos into hell for a reason.

Plenty of research material there.

Case Closed.

That only leaves the undead humans. Where did they, and their seemingly limitless numbers come from? There probably was a garrison of marines on Deimos, guarding the top-secret UAC experiments. When Hell sucked in the Deimos base, and the whole Deimos moon for that matter, they had plenty of soldier to kill and then zombify.

The portals connecting Phobos and Deimos allowed Hell to invade Deimos' sibling moon. But how did they ever manage to get to Earth?

Terra-jin said:

The portals connecting Phobos and Deimos allowed Hell to invade Deimos' sibling moon. But how did they ever manage to get to Earth?

They incorporated gateway tech into the Icon of Sin - first they invade Phobos and Deimos where there be gates - then they warp it and twist it together with Mr. Icon - pling! Instant Hell portal of unmeasurable magnitude!

that also explains the zombies - if you have read the books(or played ultimate doom ;) ) there are this blocks made of flesh, blood, and bone. Possibly, the icon could have spawned the zombies and used the gate tech to teleport them.

------------------------------------------------------------|
                                                            |
EDIT BUTON ->                                               |
                                                            V
[Mod]Done :-)[/Mod]

I've never understood why it's impossible that Hell could have possessed technology before invading Phobos and Deimos. After all, nobody ever said they came about through any "natural" means; why couldn't the "spawning pools" or whatever of Hell produce half-mechanized beasts, if they can simply pop out fully organic hellspawn with no problem?

The most basic concept of Hell is that of a place of unimaginable evil and torment, with no known limits on its landscape or its inhabitants. I love the idea that Hell itself has its own technology, and I hate the idea that they had to invade Earth just to put a rocket launcher on a demon. :P

Ubik said:

I've never understood why it's impossible that Hell could have possessed technology before invading Phobos and Deimos. After all, nobody ever said they came about through any "natural" means; why couldn't the "spawning pools" or whatever of Hell produce half-mechanized beasts, if they can simply pop out fully organic hellspawn with no problem?

The most basic concept of Hell is that of a place of unimaginable evil and torment, with no known limits on its landscape or its inhabitants. I love the idea that Hell itself has its own technology, and I hate the idea that they had to invade Earth just to put a rocket launcher on a demon. :P

Well, they did gateway experiments fow...what?...four years? The gateways grew unstable towards the end of the experiments (clearly where the connection to Hell is made).

Also, the doomguy waited for several hours while his buddies where in there getting killed. It's still not long enough for the demons to steal tech and fit it on the cyborgs, that's why I like to believe that they simply "morphed together" with the tech. That way, it also seems more mysterious, unexplicable and of course, hellish:-)

Perhaps Hell got 'inspired' by the human technology, and since then morphed cybernetic demons. That would mean cybernetic demons are recent, but still fully created/spawned by Hell.

dsm said:

Well, they did gateway experiments fow...what?...four years? The gateways grew unstable towards the end of the experiments (clearly where the connection to Hell is made).

Okay, so this is what happened. The UAC was having experiments before the "big crisis" happened. They were sending tables and toasters, ballpoint pens, metal sporks and whatever shit they could find through the gates to see if it actually worked. None of it came back. Clearly, it all ended up in Hell, where the demons found it and perverted it to their own maniacal purposes.

Job said:

Okay, so this is what happened. The UAC was having experiments before the "big crisis" happened. They were sending tables and toasters, ballpoint pens, metal sporks and whatever shit they could find through the gates to see if it actually worked. None of it came back. Clearly, it all ended up in Hell, where the demons found it and perverted it to their own maniacal purposes.

Uh nah, because it worked perfectly with the "dead" objects - it went in through the Phobos gate and came out on Deimos like intended. It wasn't until they used live "guinea pigs"/military "volunteers" that things went bad.

Admittedly, what I said before was a bit dumb and understandably rather confusing, so I'm "rewriting" my theory.

What happened according to my own, now slightly improved theory:

The UAC did research on gateway tech for four years total - they finally got as far as setting up and opening up gateways on Phobos and Deimos. Unbeknownst to them, the gateways opened up a small link to Hell (and the demons probably weren't aware of it first, or it was too insignificant for them to use as a gateway at first). As the UAC and the military carried on experimenting, the link grew bigger.

They sent human test subjects through the gate, many of whom simply vanished, because the space time field around the link to Hell was unstable as ..well Hell, so they were "devoured" by a sort of black hole - a few actually made it unscathed to Hell where evil forces tried to possess them, but couldn't (though it left them raving lunatics!) and they were sucked out of Hell again to arrive on Deimos as dangerous psychos, before their bodies exploded from the "overpressure" of both their own souls and the evil spirits trying to possess them (imagine a human body as a balloon and the soul as the air within - what happens if there's too much air in the balloon? The balloon explodes!).

All the while, the link to Hell grew wider and wider until it finally caused an interdimensional "explosion" or "chain reaction" which blew a real hole in the barriers between Phobos+Deimos and Hell, allowing the demons through.
The "explosion", or perhaps I should call it "the implosion" was so powerful that the entirety of Deimos was sucked into Hell.

While the path to Hell was now free with no obstructions, even the realities of the respective dimensions (Hell and our dimension) began to pass through. The twisted reality of Hell allowed Hell to morph with the space stations, and Hell itself even sucked parts of the space stations into itself, mutating with it (hence the "space station'esque" parts in E3).
Even the demons themselves were affected by this "exchange of realitites" so some of them morphed with machinery/weapons/tech in general and speed-evolved into cybernetic nightmares.

I've also always thought that the link to Hell was entirely accidental, and not even noticed by the demons at first. However, once the link is noticed, the demons begin taking advantage of it, "rerouting" part of it through Hell in order to intercept the new human subjects coming through. Hell, being occupied by beings of absolute evil and cruelty, sees an opportunity to acquire more souls and territory for torture, so they get all the information they can out of the humans via physical and psychic torture before having "fun" with them (whether rendering them insane or simply gutting their bodies) and sending them back through the other portal. Because of the nature of dimensional physics (blah blah SF kwak blah), it doesn't seem as if the test subjects spent much time in the portals, but in Hell's temporal reality they might have spent as much time as a month there before being sent back through.

Once Hell gathered enough information from the test subjects to get a general impression of the potential human opposition, they assembled an invasion force and consulted their "technology" sector to outfit some of the higher-ranking demons with cybernetics in order to increase their attack power. Some demons, being naturally endowed with cybernetic enhancements, were put on the top of the list as commanders of the invasion force. When the time seemed right, Hell's forces basically turned their detour on the portal's path inside-out, sucking Deimos in with it and allowing them direct access to the Phobos portal.

Perhaps Hell used this as not only a test of their military and portal-manipulation capabilities, but as a distraction before sending the full bulk of their forces to invade Earth (e.g. DoomII). They might have also taken some of the Phobos/Deimos technology and subverted it for their own uses, e.g. more stable portals and better attack capabilities.

I just like the idea of Hell having its own technological capabilities, though. :)