Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tmansdc

How can I play Doom/Doom2 across a TCP/IP connection?

How can I play Doom/Doom2 across a TCP/IP connection? And, if it's a source port I need then which Source Port has the most people on playing at one time?

ZDoom v1.22 is the most widely used TCP/IP multiplayer port around. There's a ton of v1.23 betas available, but all the people who use the multiplayer feature stay on v1.22 for compatibility. ZDaemon is the setup utility you can use to configure and join multiplayer games.

I don't do much multiplayer so I haven't had much personal experience using these programs, but those are most used and supposedly best programs you can get for multiplayer games.

DoomServ is another commonly used program.

Yes you will need a source port of some kind. The original .exe only has support for IPX. ZDoom, CSDoom, ZDaemon, Skulltag, and Legacy are the source ports that I know support TCP/IP. There are surely others as well.

*Damn slow connection :P

ZDoom v1.22 is the most widely used TCP/IP multiplayer port around. There's a ton of v1.23 betas available, but all the people who use the multiplayer feature stay on v1.22 for compatibility. ZDaemon is the setup utility you can use to configure and join multiplayer games.

ZDaemon isnt a setup utility. It is a doom port based on Zdoom with quake style networking.

ZDaemon isnt a setup utility. It is a doom port based on Zdoom with quake style networking.

Hmm, somebody lied to me then.