Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

favourite coin-op game...

CAPCOMs Street Fighter II. (The very first "version")

Followed by (no particular order): Final Fight, Willow, World Heroes, Fatal Fury series.

EDIT: Oh, oh, and "King of the Monsters" ruled, apart from the sucky ending.

Never heard of '?' before. Anyway, my favorite game is Arkanoid. I could waste nearly an entire hour on a single quarter and get a high score that no one else would ever beat. Second is Gyruss, and then Super Contra, 1943 (I can get all the way to the last ship before dying), and Gorf.

Samurai Showdown ate it's fair share of quarters. Though if I could find a Guilty Gears arcade, that'd be a change-eater too.

Favorite, hmmm... probably Robotron.
Played a lot of Atari/Williams games back in the heyday...
Defender, Stargate, Asteroids, Space Duel, T-mek, Race Drivin, Hard Drivin, Steel Talons, Assault, Narc, Robotron, Frenzy.
ahh, those were the days.

fodders said:

Gorf

Wtf is that? I know what GORP is, but what Gorf?

A very old game from waaaaayy back around 1980. It's really a group of five other games, like Space Invaders and Galaxian. Play through the first four and you'll have to shoot down a huge flagship which moves back and forth in the sky. Each time you shoot it, a chunk of it flies off and can kill you if it hits you. Once that's done, it starts all over, but you increase in rank (the highest is Space Avenger I believe). It also had a cheesy sounding voice which taunts you whenever you die.

Weakmind said:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliegences! And does Halo count?

why would halo count??
halo isn't coin op, unless there is another game called halo

Does anyone remember that Hologram game by Sega? With FMV-type graphics and it was a real hologram?

My favourite coin-op games are usually games that you couldn't possibly play on a PC. Like Silent Scope and Time Crisis.

By the way, COPS (a 1994 arcade game by Atari based on the TV show) is the funniest video game ever! I can't wait for someone to emulate it.

There was a related discussion here.

In that thread I mentioned Space Invaders, Galaxian, Phoenix, Defender, Battlezone and Rastan. Battlezone was probably my favourite, and was by far the most Doom-like.

Battlezone was too hard.. at least I remember it that way.
btw, when you beat the final boss in T-Mek(also an Atari 'tank' game), you go to battlezone -- same line graphics and all. :)

Any pinball game. I am the pinball wizard. It's sad that they don't make any pinball games anymore (well they do occasionaly for novelty's sake, like in the case of the South Park pinball game). If I was rich, I'd collect tables.

I don't like any of the recent pinball games. There's far too many bells and whistles, that dot matrix display has got to go, and pinball games should only cost a quarter (it's more expensive precisely because of all the fancy extras thrown in). I'd rather play the old pinball games, where the display was digital, or even analog, the rules and objectives were simple, and all that was on the machine was...bells and whistles. I do like multiball though, heheh.

You just have to learn to ignore all that. :P I got my introduction to pinball through the old Epic games, so I'm pretty used to it.

killer instinct (both), when they were still around in the 'cades