Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

in the next 20 years one of two things will happen...

Either:  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Either:

• Marijuana will become legal or...
    • Tobacco will be banned.

A zombie jesus having us for dinner ;)
Hmm maybe you just thought up a new doom monster!
It does not matter to me, I smoke pot every day legal or not... As for tobacco, it pointless, If you dont get buzzed from it, why smoke it...?

Neither will happen in 20 years...if ever.
The government is too proudly "anti-drug" to even think about decriminalizing grass.
The tobacco companies have enough $ and political ties to keep selling smokes. yeah, and snuff and misc other stuff...whatever.

marijuana will be legalized within a decade. it's already gotten to the point that presidential candidates had to apologize for not ever having smoked weed. less than a decade ago people were attacking clinton for the same thing. recent studies have shown about half of americans have smoked weed, and with younger voters coming in all the time that % is increasing fast. medical marijuana laws are already popping up everywhere. it's definitely on the fast track to legalization.

If I could have my way, tobacco would be banned. I mean, if you smoke marijuana, you get a high. What's tobacco do? Nothing. If you're going to suffer lung damage, you may as well get a bonus for it.

I wouldn't use either and I certainly wouldn't ban either. People should be able to do whatever the fuck they want to themselves.

sargebaldy said:

I wouldn't use either and I certainly wouldn't ban either. People should be able to do whatever the fuck they want to themselves.

Sure, as long as they do it in the privacy of their homes, or where I'm not.

They're both harmful, though usually the latter is the most addictive of the two. Decriminalisation of marijuana use would be nice, but I don't know if I'd like to be able to walk into any store and buy a pack of stickies just like that. Legalised, mary jane would probably cost so much more than it does now.

Tobacco will never be banned, as that goes against the US's corporate-serving principles, not to mention the tobacco companies would never allow such a thing to happen. So I vote for the other one, as it might happen when crime gets worse enough for the police to have to concentrate on bigger things.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Tobacco will never be banned, as that goes against the US's corporate-serving principles, not to mention the tobacco companies would never allow such a thing to happen. So I vote for the other one, as it might happen when crime gets worse enough for the police to have to concentrate on bigger things.

it would definitely be a corporate-serving principle to legalize marijuana too, and yet that hasn't been done.

I think legal should be changed to decriminalized in this poll.

Legalization of Marijuana would be stupid. The corporations will just take it and add however many poisons they've added to cigarettes. Now decriminalization of Marijuana with more restrictions on police searches would be a better idea. It's bullshit that someone caught with a bag of hash can be sent to prison to live with murderers and rapists for years, really freaking progressive. Or some stupid swine cops get a tip or hunch about some house, bust in, and accidently shoot an innocent old lady to death. Plus more people WILL overuse it. Simply change the penalty for marijuana to only a monetary fine, unless of course some moron gets high and drives and causes an accident. In that case more action would be neccessary. Marijuana stays illegal but is no longer criminal and the companies can't do anything with it, but people can use it within reason. Idiots that still manage to get caught with will at least contribution some money to the system, rather than sit in the prison system and drain money to take care of them.

Think damn it people. "Legalise!" bullshit will never be taken seriously. It's either decriminalization or no change at all, unless society is completely upended or something. Prison time is not the answer for Marijuana but neither is complete legalization, except for some small countries that don't abuse it.

Gokuma said:

Or some stupid swine cops get a tip or hunch about some house, bust in, and accidently shoot an innocent old lady to death.

What? Police can't just "bust" into your house without due cause. Meaning, they need reliable info in order to get a judge to sign a search warrant. On top of that, they aren't going to waste their time on that shit unless you deal and/or grow/manufacture.

Innocent people have been killed like this, but, it's not common. The only times i've heard of it are when the homeowner though they were being robbed and grabbed a gun...

Decrim would be kickin-rad though. Not that I'm worried about incarceration ATM anyway.

Tabacoo will be banned, and one of the legislators who voted for it will be killed on his way home by a drunk driver.

What's it matter? Either way, we're still going to use both of them just the same. I agree with decriminalization though.

Grimm said:

Tabacoo will be banned, and one of the legislators who voted for it will be killed on his way home by a drunk driver.

roflmao. reminds me of how stupid lowering the legally drunk limit is, because people are STILL going to drive drunk and kill people reguardless. MADD can go fuck themselves. :)

I don't see any problems with people driving drunk, I have problems with people driving recklessly. Personally I'd legalize drunk driving and ticket people who drive recklessly regardless of what they've been drinking. Or maybe just ticket people who actually cause damage to something.

Gokuma said:

I think legal should be changed to decriminalized in this poll.

Legalization of Marijuana would be stupid. The corporations will just take it and add however many poisons they've added to cigarettes. Now decriminalization of Marijuana with more restrictions on police searches would be a better idea. It's bullshit that someone caught with a bag of hash can be sent to prison to live with murderers and rapists for years, really freaking progressive. Or some stupid swine cops get a tip or hunch about some house, bust in, and accidently shoot an innocent old lady to death. Plus more people WILL overuse it. Simply change the penalty for marijuana to only a monetary fine, unless of course some moron gets high and drives and causes an accident. In that case more action would be neccessary. Marijuana stays illegal but is no longer criminal and the companies can't do anything with it, but people can use it within reason. Idiots that still manage to get caught with will at least contribution some money to the system, rather than sit in the prison system and drain money to take care of them.

Think damn it people. "Legalise!" bullshit will never be taken seriously. It's either decriminalization or no change at all, unless society is completely upended or something. Prison time is not the answer for Marijuana but neither is complete legalization, except for some small countries that don't abuse it.

you're silly and wrong

sargebaldy said:

If that's so, there's no reason to have drunk driving laws, since driving recklessly is already illegal.

Consider it a clarification, since not everybody understands that driving drunk is the same as driving recklessly.

i dont really see either happening

honestly most americans are too stupid for pot to be legal. they dont respect it for what it is. hell you guys dont even respect good old alcohol.

if weed was legal i would prefer to see:
other drugs having much higher restriction and required treatment
harsh DUI penalties and mandatory rehab (regaurdless of what you are on)
regulation of the product
a large percentage grown in the US and reamaining in US borders

Damn, obviously the U.S. isn't very similar all around. I can easily imagine pot being legalized in Oregon within 5 years. The only reason it hasn't been already is the federal gov't says it's illegal anywhere in the nation. If it weren't for that, a ballot measure would pop up next year, get 60% of the vote, and it would be legal.

Tobacco has its hooks in too many people for it to be banned anytime soon, imho.

Marijuana, on the other hand, has its hooks in so many people that its bound to be legalized soon :)

Fredrik said:

Just throwing in a ballot and following the result isn't smart. It's not even democratic.

as for intelligence, i'd say it's more so than voting someone in to make decisions for us. and how is voting for issues via mail not direct democracy...?